Best gun conceivable?

A-Pod

I'm working on an English project for school, and I'm going to design the best gun conceivable at the present time, any help would be appreciated.

I have some general features that it would be a good idea to have, these are:

option for high RPS (rounds Per Second), low recoil, high accuracy, constant velocity of the bullet in the air, armor penetration, lightweight, high caliber bullets for maximum damage(.45ACP maybe?), different firing modes (as in semi automatic, automatic, burst) and LOTS of accessory options. I want the gun to be as simple as possible so that it can be changed on the go for different missions (this gun is mainly geared towards special operations missions).

I will most likely use an RFID system so that the guns can be tracked wherever they go, so that if they get into the wrong hands, the gun can be tracked.

If the RFID system is tinkered with, it's an idea that it could explode so that enemy forces can't use it.

I'm also thinking hollow bullets would be good, but I think that the armor penetration wouldn't be as good as normal, is there a way around that?

I'm most likely going to be using the Super V System in the kriss vector to minimize recoil, basically it takes the recoil and forces it downward with a spring, which is a very good idea.

Any more ideas? thanks.

I'm working on an English project for school, and I'm going to design the best gun conceivable at the present time, any help would be appreciated.
" ARe we talking rifle or pistol"
I have some general features that it would be a good idea to have, these are:

option for high RPS (rounds Per Second), low recoil, high accuracy, constant velocity of the bullet in the air, armor penetration, lightweight, high caliber bullets for maximum damage(.45ACP maybe?), different firing modes (as in semi automatic, automatic, burst) and LOTS of accessory options. I want the gun to be as simple as possible so that it can be changed on the go for different missions (this gun is mainly geared towards special operations missions).
"It's measured in Rounds Per Minute, a .45 ACP is a large caliber pistol round(not High) that would limit your "gun" to pistol or something short range like a carbine or submachine gun. Guns usually aren't "changed on the go"
I will most likely use an RFID system so that the guns can be tracked wherever they go, so that if they get into the wrong hands, the gun can be tracked.

If the RFID system is tinkered with, it's an idea that it could explode so that enemy forces can't use it.
" The Enemy might find a way to do that to the proper users also"
I'm also thinking hollow bullets would be good, but I think that the armor penetration wouldn't be as good as normal, is there a way around that?

I'm most likely going to be using the Super V System in the kriss vector to minimize recoil, basically it takes the recoil and forces it downward with a spring, which is a very good idea.

Any more ideas? thanks.
Comments embedded

@ George

"ARe we talking rifle or pistol"

I'm talking about a rifle

"It's measured in Rounds Per Minute, a .45 ACP is a large caliber pistol round(not High) that would limit your "gun" to pistol or something short range like a carbine or submachine gun. Guns usually aren't "changed on the go"

woops, my bad for the RPM and high should be large. .45 ACP is just a suggestion, it could use those at close range, but be modified to use .30 for missions where longer range is needed. This is mostly why it would be customizable on the go. I know that normally guns aren't customizable on the go, but we're talking about the best gun conceivable. If someone could create such a gin, with simple parts that work well and can be changed whenever you need them to be, wouldn't that be much more ideal than a hunk of metal you can't switch up?

"The Enemy might find a way to do that to the proper users also"

Just thought of something, the RFID could have an option in it that is true or false and is determined somewhere else, in the base of operations. There, they see where the weapons are, and if they switch the option to false, the RFID could explode if the area around it is taken apart. If the option is true, they assume that the weapon is not in the hands of the enemy, and will not explode if the weapon is impacted hard and falls apart for some unknown reason. They could also have another option, where if they think that there is a possibility for the weapon to be used against them, they can just explode it from the base of operations. Do you think that this could work? I know that technology is difficult sometimes, but if it were to work flawlessly it could be very useful.

@Atasas

have you ever seen the kriss vector? it has almost no recoil, and uses .45 ACP bullets. It can also shoot 1500 RPM, if you ask me, it's a lot better. Can you prove me wrong?

Last edited:
@ George

woops, my bad for the RPM and high should be large. .45 ACP is just a suggestion, it could use those at close range, but be modified to use .30 for missions where longer range is needed. This is mostly why it would be customizable on the go. I know that normally guns aren't customizable on the go, but we're talking about the best gun conceivable. If someone could create such a gin, with simple parts that work well and can be changed whenever you need them to be, wouldn't that be much more ideal than a hunk of metal you can't switch up?

Just thought of something, the RFID could have an option in it that is true or false and is determined somewhere else, in the base of operations. There, they see where the weapons are, and if they switch the option to false, the RFID could explode if the area around it is taken apart. If the option is true, they assume that the weapon is not in the hands of the enemy, and will not explode if the weapon is impacted hard and falls apart for some unknown reason. They could also have another option, where if they think that there is a possibility for the weapon to be used against them, they can just explode it from the base of operations. Do you think that this could work? I know that technology is difficult sometimes, but if it were to work flawlessly it could be very useful.

@Atasas

have you ever seen the kriss vector? it has almost no recoil, and uses .45 ACP bullets. It can also shoot 1500 RPM, if you ask me, it's a lot better. Can you prove me wrong?
The thought on the RFID is that a technically advanced enemy(instead of cave dwellers) migh find a way to blow our weopans while we are using/carrying them. A .45 ACP caliber is still a short range submachine gun. The Russians, fielders of huge numbers of both battle rifles & sub guns in WWII found that the SKS & AK were a big improvement, over all, in firepower. You could make something with a quick change barrell & same cartridge base, like the 9mm & the 7.63 Mauser/7.62 Tokarev, but you don't send troops out with 2 simular but not interchangable rounds. It's inviting disaster. Might do better just upgrading the M16 series to 6.8 Remington or 6mm/223 cartridge.

The thought on the RFID is that a technically advanced enemy(instead of cave dwellers) migh find a way to blow our weopans while we are using/carrying them. A .45 ACP caliber is still a short range submachine gun. The Russians, fielders of huge numbers of both battle rifles & sub guns in WWII found that the SKS & AK were a big improvement, over all, in firepower. You could make something with a quick change barrell & same cartridge base, like the 9mm & the 7.63 Mauser/7.62 Tokarev, but you don't send troops out with 2 simular but not interchangable rounds. It's inviting disaster. Might do better just upgrading the M16 series to 6.8 Remington or 6mm/223 cartridge.

I see what you mean about the enemy finding a way to blow up our own weapons... I guess that won't work though. But tracking them is still good, via satellite I assume would be the normal way.

What if the rounds were interchangeable? like create a weapon that can use any round you need, and all you would need is a screwdriver or two, to modify the size of the barrel, the chamber, and the area that the bullet goes from the magazine into the chamber (called the breach maybe? i dunno). Then all you'd need is a magazine for each bullet type that can fit into the gun.

I see what you mean about the enemy finding a way to blow up our own weapons... I guess that won't work though. But tracking them is still good, via satellite I assume would be the normal way.

What if the rounds were interchangeable? like create a weapon that can use any round you need, and all you would need is a screwdriver or two, to modify the size of the barrel, the chamber, and the area that the bullet goes from the magazine into the chamber (called the breach maybe? i dunno). Then all you'd need is a magazine for each bullet type that can fit into the gun.
A barrel can't be phisically changed once it leaves the manufacturer, @ least not without a trip to a machine shop. There are a whole series of rounds based on the 30/06- the 220 Swift, 280 Remington, 8mm/06, 35 Remington, probably a couple I can't think of @ the moment. If you had a rifle with a quickly changed out barrel, the base camp could possibly have barrels in any or all possible 30-06 based rounds. In theory the camp could make a decision about witch round would be optimal for the days mission, but this is probasbly beyond financial feasibility except in limited situations. We are still where an individual wouldn't carry 2 diffrent rounds or non interchangeable magazines(same mag would work for all 30-06 based rounds).

A barrel can't be phisically changed once it leaves the manufacturer, @ least not without a trip to a machine shop. There are a whole series of rounds based on the 30/06- the 220 Swift, 280 Remington, 8mm/06, 35 Remington, probably a couple I can't think of @ the moment. If you had a rifle with a quickly changed out barrel, the base camp could possibly have barrels in any or all possible 30-06 based rounds. In theory the camp could make a decision about witch round would be optimal for the days mission, but this is probasbly beyond financial feasibility except in limited situations. We are still where an individual wouldn't carry 2 diffrent rounds or non interchangeable magazines(same mag would work for all 30-06 based rounds).

I see, is the only thing you have to change to use different ammunition the barrel? I thought there was more to it than that

You will need different guns for different jobs, there is a snipers rifle which can be used over large distances, there is .5 Browning which will stop a truck amongst many other things. There is your standard infantry rifle which is your mainstay. There is your Bullpup design that has the range and is also short enough to be used om house clearance

SAM_0201.jpg

American Long Rifle

It's what started the ousting of the Brits form the colonies.

You will need different guns for different jobs, there is a snipers rifle which can be used over large distances, there is .5 Browning which will stop a truck amongst many other things. There is your standard infantry rifle which is your mainstay. There is your Bullpup design that has the range and is also short enough to be used om house clearance

for sniping or dishing out tons of large caliber bullets yes, but I'm talking about the best of SMGs or rifles such as the m16, ACR, stg, mp40, things of that nature.

screw call of duty, they mess up all of the guns that they put into that game. The Vector would be OP if they displayed it correctly in the game, as it has barely any recoil or kickback, and uses .45ACP bullets. In MW2 it does barely any damage, that makes no sense whatsoever. Also, the ACR in MW2 has barely any recoil, whereas in real life it has just as much recoil as the M16. Just because the guns I'm talking about happen to be from Call of Duty, doesn't mean I'm considering any of the information from the game.

Your response serves my point. Until you have used a variety of weapons in combat situations in the real world, you will have no clue what you are talking about when it comes to the perfect anything.

Dont take it personally, Im not trying to be obtuse, just stating the facts.

A bit off topic, but most Colonials were armed with Brown Bess & Charleville smoothbores.
Surrendering to the colonials was the worst thing we ever did!
If we had stuck it out England might still have an empire and you Americans/Canadians could be able to talk english properly.
(have counted dozens of split infinitives on this site!)

Surrender was a result of having their arses handed to them after a significant drubbing by a bunch of ragged colonials.
We then added color and inflective to a crushingly boring language.

Surrender was a result of having their arses handed to them after a significant drubbing by a bunch of ragged colonials.

it sounds like Americans are barking when they say roof lol

Touche! Glad somebody bit. I try to rub people up and they usually just reply with abuse! Well put sir even if I dont agree !

@ George

@Atasas

The Kriss has it's obvious advantages when a rather short range compact weapon is needed,for,say,urban combat. A real high rate of fire? Might not be so good. 1500 rpm might be less fun if you are gonna backpack 1500 rounds of 45 acp.

In the mountains of Afghanistan...whole other circumstances. Some guy may be 400 m away with a Dragonuv and well out of your range. The Kriss by reducing climb and kick will tend to be a plus on full auto,and 45 acp works well silenced...so in that regard it could do well for special ops. I like the clean compact form of the FN p90. The Kriss system,however dictates the general shape and look so there's no way I could see merging the concepts.

Rather than 45 acp, I can picture an ammo that can be done in both high velocity and subsonic loads. In another thread there was discussion of a Russian rifle that fires a long 9 mm bullet (not a pistol 9 mm) that's subsonic and has a range of 300 m+. One COULD create a round that's 9mm or 10 mm and has one external size/shape but there would be 2 different versions,one that's subsonic and one that's high velocity. Then you should be able to get more range (HV) or have a silent commando weapon.

For that to work well on a Kriss...probably you'd want a longer barrel or else a quick-change barrel.

That probably would work better than totally changing calibers. You simply change magazines,and maybe barrels and in about a minute it's a different weapon.

Back