Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mixed Martial Arts

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Jeet Kune Do

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Western Boxing

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Read a graphic recently where a GSG9 trainee attends his unarmed combat class.The instructor says "right,YOU! come at me and give it your best shot"
The trainee pulls out a concealed compact auto from the small of his back and shoots him through both kneecaps.
Someone turns to him and says"Hell,this is meant to be UNARMED combat"
He replies "I dont ever intend being unarmed"

p.s. I think ninjitsu is the most effective martial art

if you have some skills you can turn most things into something that can casue somebody a lot of pain and injury. You just have to know how. But then again killing somebody when you are not a soldier engaged in war, or a policemen doing his job is technically murder..
and you will be arrested for it.

Wing Nut

Couldn't agree with you more Wing Nut! We also train with our Gi and Obi as a means for defending ourselves. It is amazing to see what you can do with your jacket or a belt for "grabbing" one's arm. If you practice enough you'll have a nasty trick or two against anybody with fists or a knife. Best thing is that you'll never have to fear serious charges when you "bruise" somebody. Defending yourself with a knife is much much tougher to explain to cops.

Wing Nut said:
if you have some skills you can turn most things into something that can casue somebody a lot of pain and injury. You just have to know how. But then again killing somebody when you are not a soldier engaged in war, or a policemen doing his job is technically murder..
and you will be arrested for it.

Wing Nut

Well not always. If he was trying to kill me I could kill him if I was only defending myself.

Ted wrote

Couldn't agree with you more Wing Nut! We also train with our Gi and Obi as a means for defending ourselves. It is amazing to see what you can do with your jacket or a belt for "grabbing" one's arm. If you practice enough you'll have a nasty trick or two against anybody with fists or a knife. Best thing is that you'll never have to fear serious charges when you "bruise" somebody. Defending yourself with a knife is much much tougher to explain to cops.

yeah but. How often are you walking about in your Gi or with your belt?

This is one problem I had when I done judo.. Throws work damn well when the other guy is wearing a Gi, put him in a t-shirt and I throw the t-shirt like a bad mofo, unfortunatly the guy is still standing, behind me, and mightily pissed that I just ripped his favourite t-shirt..

I personally think training against knives is a pointless endevour.. Ask any of the older guys on this forum.. Some of them might have had the unfortunate experience of having to deal with knives. Normally unless the guy is completely clueless he will 1) not wave the blade about infront of you first and 2) will not have the shap edge pointing down

it doesn't take long to pull out a knife, and an attack with it will come just as fast as a punch. chances are you will not even see the knife in the guys hand as it comes flying towards you.

future devil dog wrote

Well not always. If he was trying to kill me I could kill him if I was only defending myself.

Different country different laws mate.

zander

Well, it is only right that you kill him, if not he might kill you!

Have you ever had I real fight? I am not on about some stupid school yard scrap.. I mean a real fight? In a real fight, You do not know how far the other guy is willing to go nut any real fight the concern that he will kill you is there.. So what you are saying is.. in every fight I might get into I should just outright kill the guy? Sure thats a clever thing to do.

Well, I am often involve in fights, but those are just minor skirmish. Never really had a big fight before. Well, would like to chance upon one. And just see how those people fight.

zander_0633 said:
Well, I am often involve in fights, but those are just minor skirmish. Never really had a big fight before. Well, would like to chance upon one. And just see how those people fight.
You'll soon be wishing you hadn't when that day comes

Brazilian Jujitzu was the biggest success when they came out with UFC. It already was a blending of many styles. It teaches heavily in grappling, but solidly cross-trains in strikes and kicks as well. Gracie was probably as successful as he was most because his family had already developed an excellent system of integrating the most effective parts of all types of martial arts.

Things like UFC are the best gauge of martial art styles. If your style is the best, then your fighter should be able to take out another style's fighter in a competition with virtually no rules. It is slightly unfair to styles like Akido, which can employ lethal or semi-lethal strikes. Ninjitzu also employs lethal blows that cannot be used in such competitions.

Yes, you Zander, in English it is customary that when someone speaks the next person who speaks does not address another thrid party by name the are speaking to the person who has just spoken.

As for the topic... Monkey-Stomping 101 will be the order of the day, its a pre-req for Arse Kicking AP. I would suggest beginning a profilactic regime of ibuprofen, acetaminophen and morphine now so as to lessen the afer-effects of your first lesson.
:)

Back