Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mixed Martial Arts

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Jeet Kune Do

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Western Boxing

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Is the end it will never boil down to which martial art is better, but who had trained harder and has the more experience (both are needed) more stregnth and more skill are factors that will help

Nuff said.

EagleZtrike said:
9/10 for that essay:cheers:
BTW Future devil dog, that movie was really wierd lol, basically squirming on the ground fighting. Well once their both on the ground, both can't do much in reality. As seen in that video you provided they were giving each other little taps :p

what you would normally do in a real life in death situation when ur on the ground like that in a good mount position is called Ground 'N Pound, just get on top and start punching. Royce could have easily done that but he was trying to showcase the art as more than just a type of boxing on the ground, if that makes any sense.

Nuff said.

Not nescasarily ( i know thats not spelled correctly) true, because when you are being taught a martial art that is incomplete or not effective, and there are many, it doesnt matter how good you are at it. If you are taught wrong, then ur SOL.

Last edited:
My bad, I forgot, you know everything and your years of experience fighting in and out of the ring, not just observation have brought you this wisdom. Please please forgive me master.

eagleztrike wrote:

9/10 for that essay
That was really long.
Chinese KungFu should be really effective if trained properly. It is not as easily a fighting method due to it's "flowing style" and also wide range or training with balance, jumps, punches, kicks, and various weapons..

The crazy pure fighting ones like Mui Thai were made solely for in the ring Fighting/Grappling.

But one question here. Do you think if Jujitsu fighter tried to get a Wushu fighter on the ground, would the Wushu fighter be able to dodge it? Jujitsu is all about getting the other person off balance while Wushu is a stand up, jumping, balanced fighting stance.

BTW Future devil dog, that movie was really wierd lol, basically squirming on the ground fighting. Well once their both on the ground, both can't do much in reality. As seen in that video you provided they were giving each other little taps :p

Not all chinese kung fu is all flowery and jumpy,just unfortunatly a lot of the stuff that has been marketed to the west thanks to the Shaolin Temple (been there, wasn't real kung fu in miles...) I don't think we have one jump of flowery move in what we do.. Which is great for fighitng. But damn boring for doing demonstrations for getting students.

As for the Jujitsu guy against a Wushu fighter.. Perhaps, when confonted with a guy wearing a pink satin outfit the JJ guy would be too busy pissing him self laughing that the wushu guy might just be able to land that jumping triple spinning flipping twisting whirlwind kick, might actually just land...

In China I have been very dissapointed with 99% of the martial arts I have seen. It has lost it's fighting ability (if it even had any in the first place) and become an athletic endevour for performance, along side acrobatics and gymnastics.. We train in our regular clothes. no fancy big stances or flashy techniques.. we knck the crap out of each other regularly... and often have injuries.. Thats what kung fu is about. :D

future devil dog wrote

what you would normally do in a real life in death situation when ur on the ground like that in a good mount position is called Ground 'N Pound, just get on top and start punching. Royce could have easily done that but he was trying to showcase the art as more than just a type of boxing on the ground, if that makes any sense.

and what would happen in a real life situation is one of my mates would knock the crap outta you from behind with a bottle, or pool cue, or whatever was at hand... Yes you should be able to fight from the ground. fight so you can get up.. Do not stay there. I'm sure with the locking of joints (which Bulldogg likes so much) you better snap the joint quicky.. if you just hurt him, when we let go and walk away he IS gonna attack you from behind... Like I said maybe it's different in the US and England.. I know out here (china) you see very few fights go to ground. although now they have started MMA in beijing and had their first competition.. When it comes down south I will enter...

FDD also wrote

Not nescasarily ( i know thats not spelled correctly) true, because when you are being taught a martial art that is incomplete or not effective, and there are many, it doesnt matter how good you are at it. If you are taught wrong, then ur SOL.

I don't care if the art you learn is incomplete or not.. all that is important is how hard you train..

It's like this.. I could just train a straight punch with my right hand.. just this one move.. work it over a long period of time.. hit a sandbag till I can rock it hard as hell, then change the sand for dry beans, once I can rock that, change the beans for pebbles... oncve I can rock that change the pebbles for ballbearings.. once I can rock that change the BB's fo rlead shot... get the picture??

Now I dont care how damn good you are with any martial art.. as long as I can hit you one time... you will be screwed up and un able to fight...

Wing Nut

The best martial art can't be western boxing! And it surely ain't Dojo, btw, do you know wad's a Dojo? It's a place for training, not a martial art! It surely ain't Aikido, although I practice it. Neither is it Kendo. I feel that Kung Fu is the best. But I feel that you ought to put in Krav Maga, Ninjitsu, Silate, Philipine martial art. I remember learning some where that the world's most dangerous martial art is from India, where all the moves teachs you to kill.

bulldogg said:
My bad, I forgot, you know everything and your years of experience fighting in and out of the ring, not just observation have brought you this wisdom. Please please forgive me master.

Woah dude chill, I wasnt saying that in an argumentative tone. I was simply stating my opinion.

Oi oi..... you forgot the good ol' Savate. French foot boxing (whatever that might be). The legionnairs train that so it must have some added value, like the Krav Maga to the IDF.
I reckon that every fighter that truly wants to be all round should combine both distant and close fighting. I reckon some karate combined with judo would make for a nice combo.

Most martial arts do cover long range, close range, locking and throwing to certain degrees.. it's just whether the person instructing you has been fully instructed, whether the person learning has been fully paying attention and as to whether the both of them have been fully focused on their traingin and training hard....

Wing Nut

AussieNick said:
Throwing a bottle then running like hell. Nothing beats it.

Oh come on Nick! Why not fine tune your skills in good ol' bar brawl fighting and go down trying. It is not the question if you go KO but how you go KO!

tomtom22 said:
Right!, whatever that means.
In the English you and I use Tom I believe the correct translation would be...

"I have no thoughts of my own on the subject or simply do not even comprehend the discussion but I have an overwhelming desire to be a part of the group so I am posting this meaningless manure."
:angel:

Back