Best cure for a Hangover?

Gator

U of B and B Alumnus
Right now I'm thinking keep drinking is the best cure, I may not think the same way come morning.

e90a2e03.gif
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b106/ASROC/e90a2e03.gif

Best one I know is don't stop drinking :smil:

But if you do drink alot of water to rehydrate and you wont have the headache.

Right now I'm thinking keep drinking is the best cure, I may not think the same way come morning.

e90a2e03.gif

Hair of the dog...works like a charm.
Otherwise try a bottle of cold lucozade and an ice cream cone. Proof cure. Its all about preparation though...line your stomach two nurofen and lots of water. Your good to go! :)

A Phillips Screwdriver. 1/2 glass of Phillips Milk of Magnesia and 1/2 Vodka.

I'll give that a try... next time, when I pick up supplies, like Phillips Milk of Magnesia, and another bottle of Gray Goose.

Next big drinking day is not till Saint Patricks Day, thank God.

Irishone, I can attest to the fact that Hair of the Dog just makes things worse in the long run.

Kiwi, sure, it looks good on paper, but I can never seem to just not stop drinking, try as I might.

throughout?
Well no wonder, only water I drink, when out drinking, is in the form of ice.

yeah, i usually pound some water every 3 drinks.... keeps things going well. and soda is NOT water... it will make the hangover worse.. same with coffee..

just need to hydrate big time before you drink and continue to hydrate throughout...water, water, water

:stupid:

no matter how drunk you are, you need to take down as much water as possible before you go to bed. Then when you wake up to relieve yourself, drink more water. This should solve much of the hangover problems.

you only have to learn once... ok, maybe twice... to understand this...

oh... and a small glass of water won't do...

Two Virgin Marys, quiet and nice kids, a wife that do all the housework that day, a pack of cigarettes, coffee and a gallon or so of ice water, coke and a decent English Breakfast... Oh, did I forget to mention quiet and nice kids?

I tried that the day after the poker game I told you about and it didn't work... a) noisy kid, b) wife with hangover and c) there are no such thing as a "decent english breakfast". :D

Gatorade for the win :) It replaces electrolytes and hydrates...Two very important things...

I'm a semi-pro on the drinking circuit....Take my word for it....

Just to prove my semi-proness my record for funneling is 18 beers ;)

Another good tip is to drink a glass of water inbetween every beverage.... this does two things helps you from not blacking out and helps keep you hydrated....

Dehydration is the source of a hangover. Your body uses available water to remove the alcohol from your body thus the more you drink the more you dehydrate yourself. We used to just hook up a couple IV's in the barracks ASAP when we got back in so we'd be ready for PT in the morning. There is no way around it, you need to drink water. The ratio I got from an internal medicine doc was 2oz of water for every 1oz of alcohol (figuring the actual alcohol in the drink not the whole drink).

Some people also get a migraine triggered by sensitivity to brewers yeast in the drink. The more yeast the worse the headache. This is NOT part of a hangover.

Also the morning of if you have the time, grease and lots of it. This comes from some Germans I know who swear by a heavy meal an hour before drinking the night of and a heavy greasy breakfast the day after... bacon, sausage, eggs, toast dripping with butter, sausage gravy (shingles) etc.

Some people also get a migraine triggered by sensitivity to brewers yeast in the drink. The more yeast the worse the headache. This is NOT part of a hangover.

If you drink beer made by the Bavarian Reinheitsgebot (water, hops and barley-malt) a headache is less likely than beer made by corn and other products as found in Budweiser or Fosters.

Some drink additives (read chemicals) may cause a sensation and headache, such as Sulphates being used in red wine as drink conservatives.

Last edited:
Back