best college for history

Bacara

hello, im currently a junior in high school, and its about its about time to be thinking about school. Now as you can see here im a history buff and love history, and i plan on majoring in history and minoring in russian. I need help finding a good school, I have somewhere around a 3.0 gpa, im in many sports and clubs, and will most likely get somewhere in the 26-30 range on my ACT, im a amazing reader and test taker. I dont wont to go to ivy league even if i could get in, which would be impossible becuase im not rich and my family doesnt give money, but i could go to a ok easy school and get a higher GPA then transfer to a different school, oh and im from wisconsin, but have family in michigan to so in those two states would be where im going. This school would be for my bachelors and master degree im most likely have to get my doctorate somewhere else.
HELP!!!!! thanks

I am quite opinionated about college for a few reasons. My SATs were 990 and high school GPA was a 2.4. Penn State declared I had a 1% chance of getting a 3.5 or higher. I ended up graduating with a 3.83. I did 4 years in the Army so I was a nontraditional student. This allowed me to laugh at a lot of freshmen drink and socialize their GPA's away.

Anyways if you are planning to go to grad school and are short on cash, go to a smaller less prestigious school for your bachelors. The catch is you must have a very good GPA so when you go after a decent grad school you have a chance. I would stay in state if the cash is low. To get a feel for the history department look on the course catalogs. You will have a lot of freedom when taking upper level history classes. One school I looked at had a semester class on Patton...too kewel.

I have to throw this in there since I used the Army to pay for college. By enlisting in the Army and going green to gold, I actually profited from my bachelors degree and will go to grad school for free once I am done my company command. My hope is to teach history at West Point but that is too far down the road for me to bet on right now.

I think this is a good shot gun blast reply. Have any specific questions?

I am quite opinionated about college for a few reasons. My SATs were 990 and high school GPA was a 2.4. Penn State declared I had a 1% chance of getting a 3.5 or higher. I ended up graduating with a 3.83. I did 4 years in the Army so I was a nontraditional student. This allowed me to laugh at a lot of freshmen drink and socialize their GPA's away.

Anyways if you are planning to go to grad school and are short on cash, go to a smaller less prestigious school for your bachelors. The catch is you must have a very good GPA so when you go after a decent grad school you have a chance. I would stay in state if the cash is low. To get a feel for the history department look on the course catalogs. You will have a lot of freedom when taking upper level history classes. One school I looked at had a semester class on Patton...too kewel.

I have to throw this in there since I used the Army to pay for college. By enlisting in the Army and going green to gold, I actually profited from my bachelors degree and will go to grad school for free once I am done my company command. My hope is to teach history at West Point but that is too far down the road for me to bet on right now.

I think this is a good shot gun blast reply. Have any specific questions?

thanks alot, yea after much dilberation i think im going to university of wisconsin eau claire, nice school, cool town and teachers, for my undergrad and hopefully, fingers crossed, to university of michigan ann arbor for my doctorate and maybe my masters, i wont to be a military history professor or justa history professor. But i know for a job application they really dont look at your undergraduate school

Back