Best camouflage?

Cdt Matteo

Sorry for the wrong forum, but I couldn't find where to post.

What is the best camouflage in the world, and don't just post your nation's camouflage because it's your nation's, but if you could post some facts or ideas?

I need it for a project sirs and mams, so please help. Thank you all very much.

The kind that allows you to blend in with the given environment :D
Nice. I actually think the computer generated camo the US is using now is supposed to be the best. I think they used computers to study the patterns that the human eye has trouble recognizing. ill try to find a link on this somewhere.

For the temperate woodlands where I live I think German flecktarn does a really good job of breaking up your profile.

South Vietnamese tiger stripe is supposed to be good for these parts too, or so I've heard.

Hands down winner: The ghili suit.

The best camoflage is a combination of outline pattern breakup, shapes that are hard for the human eye to focus on, and natural foliage added to truly blend in with the surrounding environment.

The ghili suit is a typical BDU woodland pattern, but with slats sewn in. The sniper will place random bits of naturally-occuring foliage in the slats, rendering him almost invisible (depending on his ability for stealth, the direction of the sun, the shooting position, etc).

When I was helping out with sniper school in Germany, they had cloth that they sewed into the ghili suit, then they literally tied them to the back of a 5-ton and dragged them down a dirt road to tatter the strips. I was stunned at how effective that was. Those guys could be 15 feet in front of you, and as long as they didn't move, it was near impossible to see them.

So there's my vote.

Sorry for the wrong forum, but I couldn't find where to post.

What is the best camouflage in the world, and don't just post your nation's camouflage because it's your nation's, but if you could post some facts or ideas?

I need it for a project sirs and mams, so please help. Thank you all very much.

The best camo in the world will never be topped, its the camo that allows you to not be seen by the enemy even when the enemy is standing right next to you on a busy street.

The best camo I think in a field enviroment would definately be a tree tux or a ghillie suit as some call it.

Woodland is suitably vague as a requirement. Is that American woodland, Russian Pine Forest, Australian Eucalypt forrest, New Zealand rain forrest, or English oaks.

Each has it's application, and none can be considered a worldwide best.

I see you guys are talking about the Ghili suit, but I'm thinking more about the regular camouflage that the soldiers are issued.
Whatever I've been thinking about it and I think Flecktarn and CADPAT are the best. Flecktarn is amazing for breaking down your profile (it's really hard for your eye to start making a pattern with that camouflage) and CADPAT just blends in really well and makes it really difficult for the eye to spot.
I had a pair of the US Army's ACU pants and they didn't seen to be very useful in the woods unless your prone. I understand it's universal and it seems to be very good in dusty/sandy regions, rocky regions but when it comes down to the woods it doesn't seem very useful.

Back