bEST BODY PUNCHER EVER?

Del Boy

Tonite Ricky Hatton fights in Vegas. If you are not familiar with his fights, I believe he is the best body puncher I have seen, and i have seen a great many. If you get a chance, take a look.

Watch the body shots every time he fights. Castillo had never been down before, I hear. He claims he had never received a body shot like that and couldn.t breath for 30 seconds. I did say best Body Puncher ever. Not the best ever, that's Cassius for me. Next one please. Whoever u got.

Last edited:
Marvelous Marvin Hagler was a practioner of the body shot though most of the kids on here are too young to know of him. DB, I haven't seen this young Hatton fight owing to poor TV programming choices here... how would you match him up with the Marvelous one?

Well. of course, Marvin was a great star here, having destroyed our best, some of them very good. I guess he was amongst the best pound for pound fighters. Virtually indestructable. He spends a lot of time here, talkng boxing and commentating on our boys.

I first saw Ricky Hatton a long time ago and I was struck by the controlled violence of his body shots, technically correct cannon-balls - no swinging involved. I spread the word here, but because he has only been available on PPv, a lot of guys have missed him, and his opponents tend to not last long. Now he will there to be seen against your top men. He is trying to wind up Mayweather to come out and take a shot, and will want Oscar I reckon. He also is gunning for your new NY upstart, who is great I have heard.

So what I am talking here is specifically the power of Hatton's body shots - the best body shots I personally have seen. And Castillo got some.

I am a great boxing fan, my first hero was Joe Louis, but I am familiar with all the greats, heavyweights from John L Sullivan - "I'll fight any man in the bar." Gentleman Jim Corbett, Ruby Roberts, Jack Johnson, Jack Dempsey. By the time I was twelve I had studied America's Great White Hope period.
I was well into Rocky Graziano, Tony Zale, Jake La Motta, and Sugar Ray Robinson, etc.

In 1927, my uncle fought Max Schmelling, the German champ who beat The Brown Bomber in round one, and later got obliterated by Joe. When i was a little kid my uncle used to train me in his gym.

OK I'm getting carried away here - I'm done.

In answer to your question i would really have to back Marvin to have a great chance against anyone. Top of his weight, with very few exceptions. I was not suggesting that Ricky has established himself in that class, but watch this space.

Last edited:
Well Mayweather claims that he really has never wanted to hurt anyone like he wants to hurt Hatton -so it looks like they are already making the right noises. Should be a scorcher - will Mayweather have a bit too much class. i haven't seen Mayweather yet, just followed at distance. Exciting- ain't it.

Back