Best Boat.

EagleHammer

I wonder if the Swedish (I Think it is this class and name but not sure.) Visby Class Is The Best Corvette in the world.

EagleHammer said:
I wonder if the Swedish (I Think it is this class and name but not sure.) Visby Class Is The Best Corvette in the world.

I think the 1958 Corvette still is boss.

You might try to post some pictures to backup your statement.

I'll look for a '58 to compare.

Eaglehammer

Could you cleriffy the thread abit its rather vague. When you say best boat that could mean a rubber dingy. Are you refering to Corvettes? Modern or past

mmarsh said:
Eaglehammer

Could you cleriffy the thread abit its rather vague. When you say best boat that could mean a rubber dingy. Are you refering to Corvettes? Modern or past

A corvette is a small, maneuverable, lightly armed warship, smaller than a frigate. Almost all modern navies use ships smaller than frigates for coastal duty, but not all of them use the term corvette.

Image:SAS_Mendi_F148.jpg

Attachments

• corvette.jpg
    corvette.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 9
C:\Documents and Settings\Pontus\Skrivbord\visby2[1].jpg
Sorry. Best Corvett Today? And I think it's the first Stealth Boat of that Size.?

EagleHammer said:
Sorry. Best Corvett Today? And I think it's the first Stealth Boat of that Size.?

You might want to upload the picture from your hard drive so we can see it.

EagleHammer said:

Eaglehammer, the quickest way of posting images is to find a good one on Google or scan one to your computer. Save it in "My documents" or "temp" and use an imaging site such as Photobucket, one I like, and up load your image from your computer to the website as a .jpg.

Open the forum and Photobucket and click on "Img" under your picture in Photobucket and simply cut and paste to your post. Use "preview post" and you should see the image and your post.

Hope this helps, by the way most photo sites are free for a certain amount of images. Have fun. Use the "Faq/rules" to learn how to manipulate images within the post.

Senior Chief said:
I think the 1958 Corvette still is boss.

You might try to post some pictures to backup your statement.

I'll look for a '58 to compare.
Pictures to back up the statement that the Visby is the most advanced Corvette out there? OH HELLZ YEAH!

visby-Levkontroll_DK_020305_0016.jpg

visby-AK_720~1.jpg

Visby%20-%20Tarnkappen-Korvette%20-%20Kockums.jpg

Visby_4.jpg

Visby-est-suedois.jpg

Visby-vue-de-la-poupe.jpg

Senior Chief said:
What Class is that?

Last edited:
Were is the radar? Or does it rely on data links?

Also the LCS might be able to give the Visby a run for its money.
Even though its not built yet the keels have been put down.

SHIP_LCS-GD_cutaway.png

Platformdeckimageview-small.jpg

Platformheadonimagemed.jpg

Last edited:
Not to be obstinate, but some of those pictures seem like they could be photoshopped. Got any official links to back up your story? Photoshopping is pretty commonplace these days.

Some of the edges look odd.

AlexKall said:
1st, 3rd and 5th picture show a radar ontop of the boat.

Location and size say those could only be navigational radars. I don't see anything that might be compared to the SPY-1 as used on the Ageis Class ships. No obvious phased array antennas of any kind.

Senior Chief said:
Not to be obstinate, but some of those pictures seem like they could be photoshopped. Got any official links to back up your story? Photoshopping is pretty commonplace these days.

Some of the edges look odd.
Il go ahead and post my sources as well.

http://peoships.crane.navy.mil/lcs/GeneralD.htm

http://www.naval-technology.com/projects/littoral/

http://www.gdlcs.com/

Why does the visby have that big open space on the back. No hangar or anything to put choppers on, looks like a bunch of wasted space to me, also wouldnt those side rails on the flat part reflect a lot of radar?

Last edited:
http://www.kockums.se/pdf/visbyprospekt.pdf

Senior Chief said:
Location and size say those could only be navigational radars. I don't see anything that might be compared to the SPY-1 as used on the Ageis Class ships. No obvious phased array antennas of any kind.

Yep its a retracable navigation radar. The look on those pics is the peace time configuration, look in the PDF i supplied above for more information.

Why does the visby have that big open space on the back. No hangar or anything to put choppers on, looks like a bunch of wasted space to me, also wouldnt those side rails on the flat part reflect a lot of radar?

"Although corvettes don’t usually
carry one, the Visby is designed to
accommodate a helicopter – the
Agusta Bell A109 (HKP-15 to Swedish
Armed Forces). The helicopter lands,
takes off, and refuels on the upper
deck, and stows in a belowdecks
hangar (where the alternate mediumrange,
vertical-launch air-defence
missiles would be.) The helicopter can
be used for sensor deployment,
transport, mine detection and destruction,
search and rescue, medical
evacuation, radar reconnaissance, antisubmarine
action, and environmental
inspection, and it can map the seabed
with deep-penetration lasers. The
chopper could also be fitted with
missiles and targeting equipment for
laser-guided weapons."​

Read more in the pdf​

The side rails are peace time only, so conscripts dont fall off the side ;)
Same with the masts etc.​

Last edited:
Back