Best Assault Rifle today? - Page 6

--

January 8th, 2013  
BritinBritain

Our L1A1's had a 22 LR conversion kit, it was very good and accurate.
January 15th, 2013  
JC Denton

The best assault rifles and carbines currently in service or production are the FNAC, Remington ACR enhanced, HK416A5, B.E.A.R. Elite, Colt APC and ACC-M. The LSAT rifle currently in development also looks very promising.

Maybe the AK-12 although it's pretty much impossible to improve upon the kalashnikov design any further. Which is why Poland stopped basing their rifles on it, and decided to make their own design. It's called the MSBS Radon, and looks very advance. They haven't decided yet whether to adopt the bullpup or standard design.

Italy's Beretta ARX-160 and South Korea's Daewoo K11 get an honorable mention.
March 29th, 2013  
KevinTheCynic

The problem is when you ask a question like this, that answers are always going to be very subjective, that is, a subject's personal perspective, feelings, beliefs, desires, as opposed to those made from an independent, objective, point of view.
Personally I don't like the AR-15/M16 trigger group because I don't like the fact that you have to **** the weapon to be able to apply the safety so to me, any rifle derived from the AR-15/M16 and using that trigger group is not a good rifle for troops that are poorly trained or lack weapons discipline. Therefore, to me, it is not going to qualify as one of the "best".
--
October 27th, 2013  
{ĪnnĪr

Its between the L85A2 and HK417. The latter is basically an improved M16. It is more reliable, however I don't believe it is as accurate. The L85A2 on the other hand is a British weapon from the 70's, taken by HK defense company and turned into something with a single weakness, its weight. Many people will tell you that it is unreliable due to its predecessor's reputation for complexity and constant jamming. It is compact and accurate, but most of all............*drum roll* it looks good
October 27th, 2013  
{ĪnnĪr

It's between the L85A2 and HK417. The latter is basically an improved M16. It is more reliable, however I don't believe it is as accurate. The L85A2 on the other hand is a British weapon from the 70's, taken by HK defense company and turned into a monster with a single weakness, its weight. Many people will tell you that it is unreliable due to its predecessor's reputation for complexity and constant jamming, but HK managed to fix this problem. It is compact and accurate, but most of all............*drum roll*.......it looks good
May 14th, 2014  
steppenwolf

Topic: Best assualt weapon

I agree with all you folks that the AK47 is the toughest weapon out there. It can be dragged through the mud, dropped, and just treated like garbage. I have shot many AK.s and they are not an accurate weapon It is a spray and pray weapon IMO. I did have one heck of a time with the M-16 when I was overseas. You had to clean them every time after a fire fight or you would end up with a club.
Toughness AK 47 hands down

knock down power M 16 and I guess they are called M 4's now

Every weapon had good and bad things about them But as I read on this page it is the soldier who is using the weapon that makes it good or bad
May 14th, 2014  
Avenge Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by steppenwolf
I did have one heck of a time with the M-16 when I was overseas. You had to clean them every time after a fire fight or you would end up with a club.
If the US would get off it's collective ass and buy the M-16/M-4 with a piston kit then you would have the best of both worlds.
May 14th, 2014  
brinktk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenge Me
If the US would get off it's collective ass and buy the M-16/M-4 with a piston kit then you would have the best of both worlds.

They would rather have a test trial with 7 other rifles to replace the M-4 system and spend tens of millions of dollars testing them, only to have what superior rifle is chosen end up in the scrap heap due to some type of contract dispute...and then the grunts get stuck with essentially the same stuff that's been using for 50 years...