The best allies for the USA ( other than UK though ). - Page 3




View Poll Results :Which country is in your view USA best ally in today's world, apart from UK?
Canada. 7 21.21%
Israel. 9 27.27%
Italy. 4 12.12%
Australia. 11 33.33%
Japan. 0 0%
Turkey. 0 0%
Pakistan. 0 0%
Russia. 1 3.03%
Poland. 0 0%
Others. 1 3.03%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

 
--
Boots
 
May 18th, 2004  
Darkmb101
 
Canada just north of the border
May 19th, 2004  
782.matt
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkmb101
Canada just north of the border
I myslef have to say Canada as well.
May 19th, 2004  
Italian Guy
 
 
seems a good race among a bunch of countries here.
--
Boots
May 19th, 2004  
FutureRANGER
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneck
Before the turn of the 20th c., I'd have to say that France was our best ally. Not even in the running anymore, though. Oh well, cest la vie .
Yea thats the first thing I thought too. What the heck happened? Don't they remember the American Ravolution? The French Revolution? WWI? WWII? Anything? Don't you think we would have a special bond with all the wars we've been through?
May 20th, 2004  
1217
 
Well, i'd have to say the Netherlands, but you didn't even put us in as an option. Maybe we're not that big, but we train with the US all the time and use a lot of the same stuff. (And you kinda need us to glue the JSF together. )
May 20th, 2004  
Nero
 
You know, (this may be a little offtopic, sorry) I'd like to see America, Canada, and Mexico grow closer together. One continent, standing together, I've just always wanted to be a aprt of something like that...
May 20th, 2004  
1217
 
Well were growing closer together in Europe, and I'm not thrilled...
With the coming of the new currency, the Euro, everything just got a little bit more expensive. And besides that it seems that we’re paying taxes to Europe, which are used to help other countries to bring there industry or agriculture to a level were they’re able to compete with ours, while we’re not allowed to put funding (our own money) in those same industries in our own country, because ‘that wouldn’t be fair to the other countries in the union. I can’t think of much useful reasons for the entire operation for now. But there's no stopping the politicians, so I hope It'll get better....
May 20th, 2004  
Italian Guy
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1217
Well were growing closer together in Europe, and I'm not thrilled...
With the coming of the new currency, the Euro, everything just got a little bit more expensive. And besides that it seems that we’re paying taxes to Europe, which are used to help other countries to bring there industry or agriculture to a level were they’re able to compete with ours, while we’re not allowed to put funding (our own money) in those same industries in our own country, because ‘that wouldn’t be fair to the other countries in the union. I can’t think of much useful reasons for the entire operation for now. But there's no stopping the politicians, so I hope It'll get better....
Well 1217 you are going off topic but I must say your view is my view and many others too.

Surprising though how strong the belief is that Canada's the best ally. Apart from Alberta, Canadians seem pretty much.... "cold" towards a closer relationship with the States. they seem more like the French or the Germans if you guys know what I mean.
May 20th, 2004  
AFSteliga
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalianGuy4US
Well 1217 you are going off topic but I must say your view is my view and many others too.

Surprising though how strong the belief is that Canada's the best ally. Apart from Alberta, Canadians seem pretty much.... "cold" towards a closer relationship with the States. they seem more like the French or the Germans if you guys know what I mean.
That was due to our FORMER Prime Minister Jean Jacka** Chretien. The mentality of Canadians toward the US is actually a fairly strong one around here. Sure, we're not too big on the States going to war with Iraq, but that's just an opinion. A possible reason that it seems that Canadians are 'cold' to the US is that maybe by developing a closer relationship might damage our 'unique Canadian image'.

Here's another thing. It might not just be us Canadians that are 'cold', Americans could be just as 'cold' about us. Just an opinion, though.
May 20th, 2004  
AlexKall
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCdt Steliga
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexKall
This was about best allies to USA, is the reason those "equipments"?
I'm giving the reasons that Canada is a great ally to the US. We've got almost the exact same type of stuff as you guys.
But wouldn't alot of countries be equal to that then, as many countries do have the same type of equipment, Norway for example (well partly atleast). But i do see your point and i do agree that Canada is a good allie!! And a nice country