The best allies for the USA ( other than UK though ).

Which country is in your view USA best ally in today's world, apart from UK?

• Total voters
Redneck said:
Before the turn of the 20th c., I'd have to say that France was our best ally. Not even in the running anymore, though. Oh well, cest la vie ;) .

Yea thats the first thing I thought too. What the heck happened? Don't they remember the American Ravolution? The French Revolution? WWI? WWII? Anything? Don't you think we would have a special bond with all the wars we've been through? :x :evil:

Well, i'd have to say the Netherlands, but you didn't even put us in as an option. Maybe we're not that big, but we train with the US all the time and use a lot of the same stuff. (And you kinda need us to glue the JSF together. :D )

You know, (this may be a little offtopic, sorry) I'd like to see America, Canada, and Mexico grow closer together. One continent, standing together, I've just always wanted to be a aprt of something like that...

Well were growing closer together in Europe, and I'm not thrilled...
With the coming of the new currency, the Euro, everything just got a little bit more expensive. And besides that it seems that we’re paying taxes to Europe, which are used to help other countries to bring there industry or agriculture to a level were they’re able to compete with ours, while we’re not allowed to put funding (our own money) in those same industries in our own country, because ‘that wouldn’t be fair to the other countries in the union. I can’t think of much useful reasons for the entire operation for now. But there's no stopping the politicians, so I hope It'll get better....

1217 said:
Well were growing closer together in Europe, and I'm not thrilled...
With the coming of the new currency, the Euro, everything just got a little bit more expensive. And besides that it seems that we’re paying taxes to Europe, which are used to help other countries to bring there industry or agriculture to a level were they’re able to compete with ours, while we’re not allowed to put funding (our own money) in those same industries in our own country, because ‘that wouldn’t be fair to the other countries in the union. I can’t think of much useful reasons for the entire operation for now. But there's no stopping the politicians, so I hope It'll get better....

Well 1217 you are going off topic but I must say your view is my view and many others too.

Surprising though how strong the belief is that Canada's the best ally. Apart from Alberta, Canadians seem pretty much.... "cold" towards a closer relationship with the States. they seem more like the French or the Germans if you guys know what I mean.

ItalianGuy4US said:
Well 1217 you are going off topic but I must say your view is my view and many others too.

Surprising though how strong the belief is that Canada's the best ally. Apart from Alberta, Canadians seem pretty much.... "cold" towards a closer relationship with the States. they seem more like the French or the Germans if you guys know what I mean.

That was due to our FORMER Prime Minister Jean Jacka** Chretien. The mentality of Canadians toward the US is actually a fairly strong one around here. Sure, we're not too big on the States going to war with Iraq, but that's just an opinion. A possible reason that it seems that Canadians are 'cold' to the US is that maybe by developing a closer relationship might damage our 'unique Canadian image'.

Here's another thing. It might not just be us Canadians that are 'cold', Americans could be just as 'cold' about us. Just an opinion, though.

NCdt Steliga said:
AlexKall said:
This was about best allies to USA, is the reason those "equipments"? :?

I'm giving the reasons that Canada is a great ally to the US. We've got almost the exact same type of stuff as you guys.

But wouldn't alot of countries be equal to that then, as many countries do have the same type of equipment, Norway for example (well partly atleast). But i do see your point and i do agree that Canada is a good allie!! And a nice country ;)

Well this is precisely the kind of opinion I wanted to hear from a Canadian. Yes I think the fact that you guys are so close to the states pushes you to remark your being somewhat different. I guess if you guys were far waay from them you'd just deal with it like australia does.

More than likely, but since we're so close, we feel obligated to help out whenever we can. (Mainly whenever our military isn't deployed to other locations on Peacekeeping tours)

I have to go with Aussie's myself. Like it was posted earlier in here, they have been great assets and never waivering.

Sooners1 said:
I have to go with Aussie's myself. Like it was posted earlier in here, they have been great assets and never waivering.

Thanks Sooners1. You made the difference this time. Australia's in the pole position. Well as far as I have experienced Americans are so cold about Canada too.

Back