The best allies for the USA ( other than UK though ). - Page 2

View Poll Results :Which country is in your view USA best ally in today's world, apart from UK?
Canada. 7 21.21%
Israel. 9 27.27%
Italy. 4 12.12%
Australia. 11 33.33%
Japan. 0 0%
Turkey. 0 0%
Pakistan. 0 0%
Russia. 1 3.03%
Poland. 0 0%
Others. 1 3.03%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

--
Boots

May 12th, 2004  
Italian Guy

Australia's coming up as the second most important ally for the States in the world after UK. There seems to be some sort of anglosaxon kinship running underground and unnoticed. I must find the reason for it.
May 12th, 2004  
Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollux
I would agree to Alex
The Aussies were allies from WW2 on (or even earlier?).
Heck, we both started out as penal colonies (well, Virginia did at least ). Got the bond of the convict or something .

Before the turn of the 20th c., I'd have to say that France was our best ally. Not even in the running anymore, though. Oh well, cest la vie .
May 14th, 2004  
Italian Guy

Please vote vote vote guyz ! !
--
Boots
May 18th, 2004  
AFSteliga

I'm saying Canada.

a) I'm biased (obviously)
b) Our JTF2 is just as good a special force group as the SEALs
c) Even though the CF is small, we still have equipment that is more than capable of dealing with anything put in our way
d) If I'm right, the CF Flight Schools turn out some of the best pilots and navigators in the world.
e) The Army has what's known as CADPAT's or CAnadian Disruptive PATtern, that disrupt infared signals on every piece of equipment they have.
May 18th, 2004  
AlexKall

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCdt Steliga
I'm saying Canada.

a) I'm biased (obviously)
b) Our JTF2 is just as good a special force group as the SEALs
c) Even though the CF is small, we still have equipment that is more than capable of dealing with anything put in our way
d) If I'm right, the CF Flight Schools turn out some of the best pilots and navigators in the world.
e) The Army has what's known as CADPAT's or CAnadian Disruptive PATtern, that disrupt infared signals on every piece of equipment they have.
This was about best allies to USA, is the reason those "equipments"?
May 18th, 2004  
Mark Conley

hmmmm

Heck, we both started out as penal colonies (well, Virginia did at least ). Got the bond of the convict or something .

Well, to head off the rampaging herds of mad virginians: The two states that composed the colony of Carolina (North and South) were institued as a penal colony: Virgina was just founded by the usal gang of merchantile and adventure type peoples...(pirates, shop keeps, and tobacoo growing yum yums)

Yeah...this from the person who's ansestor beat it from Ireland cause he had a passel of Black and Tans after him...
May 18th, 2004  
AFSteliga

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexKall
I'm giving the reasons that Canada is a great ally to the US. We've got almost the exact same type of stuff as you guys.
May 18th, 2004  
SHERMAN

Topic: lol

NCdt Steliga wrote:

Quote:
AlexKall wrote:

Quote:
I'm giving the reasons that Canada is a great ally to the US. We've got almost the exact same type of stuff as you guys.
Well NCdt...LOL....When you say "you guys", do you mean sweeden? Cause thats where AlexKall is from...LOL...
May 18th, 2004  
RnderSafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Conley
Well, to head off the rampaging herds of mad virginians: The two states that composed the colony of Carolina (North and South) were institued as a penal colony: Virgina was just founded by the usal gang of merchantile and adventure type peoples...(pirates, shop keeps, and tobacoo growing yum yums)
Virginia and the Carolinas were largely colonies established by merchants and sea traders. Georgia, however, was a penal colony. The rogues came later to NC once trade was up and running ... nothing better for a pirate than the outerbanks.
May 18th, 2004  
Nero

I don't think I could decide between Canada and Australia, I think they're both great allies to have on our side.