best AK variant?

Easy-8

I think the AMD-65 from Hungray is the best. It has all the firepower of the AK-47 and a grip on the bottom to keep your shooting accurate. So you get both stopping power and accurate shots.

A26.jpg

AK-108, it's like a 5.56x45mm AK with almost no recoil thanks to the balanced automatic recoil system.

Otherwise, I'd say AKS-74U.

Sorry, but AK sucks, I prefer the good old Heckler & Koch G3 and a groove newer the H&K G36...

So long
Légionnaire

The AK-47 has some better features than the H&K G3. Sure, the H&K is one nice rifle. But it has it's own problems. This post is about the best version of the AK series. Not the best rifle period.

Légionnaire;259726 said:
Sorry, but AK sucks, I prefer the good old Heckler & Koch G3 and a groove newer the H&K G36...

So long
Légionnaire

Keep this thread on topic. It is also may interest you that the G3 is now considered obsolete where as the AK is not.

The foregrip improves accuracy???? I think not. Anybody who has used a Steyr will tell you that having a vertical foregrip is only about personal preference, not accuracy.

The vertical foregrip on my M4 Carbine is there because of preference. it has nothing to do with accuracy. It's all about comfort when you hold that rifle in a low ready position.

The vertical foregrip on my M4 Carbine is there because of preference. it has nothing to do with accuracy. It's all about comfort when you hold that rifle in a low ready position.

Thats right. Having used a steyr for my entire military career I know there is no difference, and having the ability to flip the handle up and down at leisure (whilst on the range for example) proves to the user there is no difference.

I've never been a big fan of AKs myself but for the title of the best variant I'd say a close call between RK-95 and AK-107/108. I don't remember what make of an AK it was that I once handled in the recent past probably a norinco but the ergonomics of that things just sucked, a really ackward rifle to handle other than from prone position, that's my personal view.

I only fired the AKM and the Galil SAR...both are very nice to shoot, the AKM is somewhat more accurate because of the poor sight location in the galil. The Galil is more user friedly with the cocking handle easy to use with both hands, safty on both sides, side folding stock and so on...Also the 5.56X45 claiber is better in my view than the 7.62X39...really i am having a hard time saying which one i like better...:)I think the sight problem with the galil is critical, but other than that it is a fine weapon. both are heavy, espcially for someone used to the m16 family...:)

The AK5 C would have to be my pick.

In the Russian AK series I´d say the AKM.
You can beat it up all you want and it will still deliver.

Both are too heavy though IMO.

Back