Best Aerobatic Team

What do you think the best aerobatic team in the world is?

• Total voters
i'd definetly have to say the red arrows they are absolutely amazing flying within feet of each other precision flying @ its best

they come within 18 inches of each other and perform breathtaking stunts that beat down other aerobatic teams manouvres my fav being the vixen break the manouvre they use to finish up with

Admin edt: Please do not double post, but use the edit button. I've moved your other post here.

The Red Arrows (or the 'Dead Sparrows' as we called 'em :D ) have to be the best aerobatic team in the World - Without a shadow of a doubt!

Gotta be the Red Arrows, though the army (british) do some impressive stuff with the blue eagle (helicopter display team).

Does anyone know whether the government have stopped being :cen: and halted their plans to scrap the Red Arrows, along with most of the RAF?

Would it be possible to find some videos on these aerobatics? I haven't seen one of these before and don't know too much about airplanes so I may sound a little naive when asking this... but...

I hear that Russian aircraft have superb manuevrability, wouldn't this make for great aerobatics? Is there a stunt team that utilizes Russian aircraft?

Well. duh. but a aerobatic team? Is the team called the Russian airforce.

More importantly, can they afford it?

Spetsnazgg said:
Would it be possible to find some videos on these aerobatics? I haven't seen one of these before and don't know too much about airplanes so I may sound a little naive when asking this... but...

I hear that Russian aircraft have superb manuevrability, wouldn't this make for great aerobatics? Is there a stunt team that utilizes Russian aircraft?

You're probably thinking of more western european aircraft like the eurofighter typhoon. The Russian Sukhoi SU-27 Flanker is pretty good too. If there's any airshows near where you live, go to one. YOu might find some aerobatic demo teams there. Seing them live is like nothing else. Or, type the names of one of the teams listed in the poll into a search engine.

mig_eater said:
Gotta be the Red Arrows, though the army (british) do some impressive stuff with the blue eagle (helicopter display team).

Does anyone know whether the government have stopped being :cen: and halted their plans to scrap the Red Arrows, along with most of the RAF?

Ha! I would be surprised if there any of armed forces left by the next millenium, the way our government behave. What worries me is Britain is staring 1939 right down the throat - again. We are lucky that nobody has noticed - yet!

I agree, Red Arrows is the best aerobatic team in the world.But They are using the hawk aircraft that is the best aircraft for the aerobatic games,I think.Because hawk is a smaller, also the trainer aircraft and using not hard.To maneuver with hawk is pretty easy.

Imagine, How is to use F5 fighters for aerobatic games?

Turkish stars are using F5 fighters.According to me, it is harder job than the others.

Look at the links.

http://gallery.koroshiya.net/albums/30-August-2004-Military-Parade/TStars_1.sized.jpg

http://gallery.koroshiya.net/albums/30-August-2004-Military-Parade/TStars_5.sized.jpg

http://gallery.koroshiya.net/albums/30-August-2004-Military-Parade/TStars_3.sized.jpg

That's the Golden Knights, Time, and they get my vote as well. Heh, nope, he didn't specify _what kind_ of aerobatics. :twisted:

Trevor said:
Spetsnazgg said:

You're probably thinking of more western european aircraft like the eurofighter typhoon. The Russian Sukhoi SU-27 Flanker is pretty good too. If there's any airshows near where you live, go to one. YOu might find some aerobatic demo teams there. Seing them live is like nothing else. Or, type the names of one of the teams listed in the poll into a search engine.

I think he might be referring to the Mig 29. A few Mig 29 demonstrators were over at the Farnborough Air Show a few years back, Farnborough being a big air show in the UK, and they impressed a lot of people with their ability to fly backwards and all that stuff.

biased i know, but kiwi red.

flying a4 skyhawks they were the only team to do a "plugged barrel roll"
a formation move done while connected with buddy-buddy refueling lines

KiwiRed.jpg
imad-11.jpg

but now that team is gone and we have the very precise red checkers (admittedly flying the very slow CT-4 basic trainer)
http://www.airforce.mil.nz/about/training/cfs.htm
6.jpg
aerobatics.jpg
redcheckers2_small.jpg

Back