Beslan 1 + the Russian SFs

this is a pic how it looked inside.

story.russia.gym.5.jpg

dont think that is easy to storm.

This portion of my post is off topic. skip to the bottom for opinion on the topic

after reading the topics posts..i am very puzzled. I think we had better wait a few more days...get more information...and really look at the situation: backward (in the past) now, and forwards (in the future).

This scenario of using the death of children to arouse people to a just cause for revenge, and consequently, mask an agenda is right out of a tom clancy novel, called "Red Storm Rising". Sounds like some one is trying to set a squib off on an explosive to get the whole thing started. BTW I'm not trying to say the russians did this, as in the novel. Sorry, just the ramblings of a worried old man.

No child should have to die before the parents: its bad enough for it to happen naturally, even more so when its deliberate and malicous. My heart goes out to the parents of these children, and the people that tried to help them.

Now, Back on topic: When the old soviet union was the soviet union...no one got away with anything..much. The secret police, informers, and common citizens all combined to keep what was secret and anti soviet or against the state...either in a dungeon, a work camp, or a grave. I'm not praising that system: but, in this case, openness did allow someone to misuse the new freedom and returned evil for good. Since a good many of the soviet secret service apparat was let go...well all them informed , people that keep up with the world on evil tactics so they could prevent it from happening essentially found new employment. I'm not sure what the status of the apparat is now in russia: i think we really need to find out.

Can someone shed some new light on the state of the actual spetnaz still existent in russia, without inviting yourself to a long prison stay?

Can someone shed some new light on the state of the actual spetnaz still existent in russia, without inviting yourself to a long prison stay?

Russian TV calls It "special services" Ive also heard the word Unit "alpha" thrown around. Whether these are just new terms for Spetnaz or seperate unit's is unknown to me.

I was kinda suprised to see that 10 of the russian soldiers died. They have my deepest respect and are heros in my eyes. I woulda thought that they woulda went in their and crushed those guys. Again no disrespect if anything it wasent the men but their training.

Im sure the Russians did their best to save those innocent children and others..... It just shows you how cowardly those terrorist are... My heart goes out to those who lost their lives and those that grieve.

from the pictures coming out of russia showing the terrorists and bombs (terrorists video) it looks like children were always going to die, the russian troops did well but the terrorists were very unlikely to surrender and explosives were everywhere

Big_Z said:
I was kinda suprised to see that 10 of the russian soldiers died.

I heard some interesting news on the radio here in Norway.
Some of the soldiers where shot in the back before they entered the school.
And that they suspected that some of the civilians/locals who had brought their own weapons outside the school may have hit them when they stormed the school...

This has not officially been confirmed.

But what has been confirmed is that several civilians did shoot towards the school.

I thought Alfa unit was the KGBs CT unit, and it has just carried on with that name. Spetznaz i thought encompassed the militaries special forces, KGB units such as Vympel, Alfa, OMON (which was present at the siege as i remember seeing that on the back of the flak jackets on some of the soldiers that i saw on tv),and other groups.

info on spetznaz:
http://www.specialoperations.com/Foreign/Russia/Spetznaz.htm

They folded into the KGB when they restrutured their Military it's sorta Russias version of SOCOM.

Back