Bernard Montgomery, 1st Viscount Montgomery of Alamein

MontyB

All-Blacks Supporter
was his victory at El Alamein really his or should the credit have gone to Field Marshal Sir Claude Auchinleck.

It was pretty much Auchinlecks plan that he used, his victory was only won with overwhelming superiority in men and material even then it was a touch and go affair and once he got the Afrika Korps on the run he failed to maintain any sort of pressure on the retreating axis forces allowing them to reform in Tunisia.

the general knows nothing. the general is not meant to know anything.

we dig, we bury, we move.

'Bir Kahirah'

Rommel knew Montgomory's tactics. That's why he first went west to attack the Americans and British and almost got the enormous depot, he then turned east to attack Montgommery but ran in a mine field and an enormous concentration of artillery because Montgommery knew through enigma were he was going to attack. Rommel thought he was betrayed by the Italians.

there has never been a more stupid man than erwin rommel. look at his face, idiocy screams from it. the only man who can match his dumbself is bonaparte. the continent is well endowed with thickness. bozo.

I am not sure I agree there, I think Rommel was over rated in many respects and an absolutely terrible logistician but I believe he was right in his plans to defend Europe against invasion and an excellent tank General.

all the man did was attack and he was very inept at that.
I think the Allied troops in the Western Desert would disagree with you to a great extent.

I guess you are basing your experience on the impressions of the Belgian forces in the Western Desert???

Last edited:
all the man did was attack and he was very inept at that.

The thing is that he was very good at 'attack' what he wasn't good at was the logistics needed to maintain the attack, in fact as I recall in a discussion with Halder when asked about how he planned to maintain the extra units he had asked for basically told Halder that it wasn't his problem.

which allied troops are you referring to? are you trying to accord to this man some sort of skill at war. your information is clouded, it serves your bloody vanity.

which allied troops are you referring to? are you trying to accord to this man some sort of skill at war. your information is clouded, it serves your bloody vanity.
So you are saying that you are blind as well as ignorant and arrogant?
I think the Allied troops in the Western Desert
My Father in Law being one of them, I know what he said about what the Allied troops thought of Rommel.

Last edited:
So you are saying that you are blind as well as ignorant and arrogant?
My Father in Law being one of them, I know what he said about Rommel.

My uncle was also in the 8th Army with the Long range Desert Group, British troops (as well I would assume as the Aussies, New Zealanders, Indian's and South Africans) had a lot of respect for the man.

there has never been a more stupid man than erwin rommel. look at his face, idiocy screams from it. the only man who can match his dumbself is bonaparte. the continent is well endowed with thickness. bozo.

Maybe you could post a picture of your face,so that we can compare ?:p:p

Last edited:

On what basis do you base this assessment? Personal experience? Have you by chance ever commanded a Korps yourself? Or are you another wannabe armchair general who thinks you know everything when in fact you know less then my German Shepherd.

Post a picture of yourself so we can see the idiocy that screams from it. It looks like lljadw had the same idea. I must admit with your comment "the continent is well endowed with thickness." is quite accurate if you are anything to go by.

Last edited:
i have probably a 1000 descendants of troops who served in that war within a 10 mile radius from where i live. ritchie is the only name they can remember. allied troops are not credible. do you understand that or are you hanging onto the ribbon because the iron is rust.

let us not discuss home/american participation. we won't get far. and go easy with that typical snide. it won't last. and i'd like to see documents proclaiming erwin rommel. did we have romantics, this is new.

correct me but you have a want for an invasion. you want a bonaparte and that will make you look 'winning'. i apologize, i spend a lot of time studying psychology.

i started off with company's, i've done my corps. i command armies now. yes, the whole thing and many.

Last edited:
you made an excellent point. i am in an arm chair. they find me vitriolic. if i am to take direct command, my speed and thrust will prove devastating. they'd rather keep me in moratorium.

I always thought that the security at Geel left much to be desired (Geel is the Belgian equivalent of Fuller (Massachusetts)and Arnold Lodge (Leicester)):every one can escape without any problems .

i have probably a 1000 descendants of troops who served in that war within a 10 mile radius from where i live. ritchie is the only name they can remember. allied troops are not credible. do you understand that or are you hanging onto the ribbon because the iron is rust.

let us not discuss home/american participation. we won't get far. and go easy with that typical snide. it won't last. and i'd like too see documents proclaiming erwin rommel. did we have romantics, this is new.

correct me but you have a want for an invasion. you want a bonaparte and that will make you look 'winning'. i apologize, i spend a lot of time studying psychology.

i started off with company's, i've done my corps. i command armies now. yes, the whole thing and many.

Troll much?

And commanding units in a computer game is not reality. Now put down the game controller and go take your meds....cadet. We will wait for your mommy to bring your binky so the adults can talk.

no. it does not come from the game. the game comes from me. it so happens i decided to play after a few years. who is this person who doubts. does he not know who we are?

are you in afghanistan? why don't you pick me up 0800. your enemy fears my sight. is that a gun in your hand. you make me smile.

mommy is dead. so is papa. you're an adult eh. show me!

the game was finished success in 2:39 hrs after a gap of an odd 800 days of no play in post traumatic stress disorder condition. kills 258, losses 26. you should try it.

chum - you say adult again, your head will be on a pike.

where do you live son? give me your name and address. let's see if you make it to 2015.

they call me 'the arab'.

amanbir singh grewal,
house no.316,
village hawas,
rahon road,
ludhiana,
punjab.

Back