Berkeley Lower Extremity Exoskeleton - BLEEX

Redleg

The fire is everything
Staff member
Berkeley Lower Extremity Exoskeleton - BLEEX
The future is here:

http://bleex.me.berkeley.edu/bleex.htm

Look at the movies on that site as well..

I want one of those.. :D

This can be a great tool for Firefighters, Soldiers, Rescue personell etc..
(sometimes in the future, when it's a bit smaller, lighter, and less noisy...)

I think it coold be a good idea. In the movies the guy doesn't look to sure though. And the safety line indicates a weakness, if you fall, you'll never get up...

You're gonna need your arms reenforced too, just in case you need to pick yourself up a buddy up.

1217 said:
You're gonna need your arms reenforced too, just in case you need to pick yourself up a buddy up.

There are several different exoskeletons being developed now, I've seen a couple with arms as well.
One was developed for nurses and medical personell, to help them lift patients in hospitals.
a 50kg nurse could lift an 80kg man without any problems with one of the prototypes.
But all of them are too big and clumsy yet.

10-15 years (or so) in the future this could be a reality in our daily life....

Redleg said:
10-15 years (or so) in the future this could be a reality in our daily life....
Cool, that means that by the time I might really it, it'll be quite common. :D

I don't exactly like it, but I wouldn't exactly know what it's like to carry a 50lb.+ pack on your back for miles at a time.

782.matt said:
I don't exactly like it, but I wouldn't exactly know what it's like to carry a 50lb.+ pack on your back for miles at a time.
What is it that you don't like?(and why)
The looks?
The idea?
Something else?

Guys...its the first steps to "Starship Trooper's" my favorite science fiction story by Robert Heimlen.

Mobile Infantry. Each man becomes a space ship, a tank, and the most destructive thing on the block.

"Forever shines the name shines the name of Rodger Young"

Back