Do you believe in phsycic abilities?

View Poll Results :Do you believe in phsycic abilities?
Yes 15 62.50%
No 9 37.50%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

--
Boots

June 9th, 2004  
GUNNER

Topic: Do you believe in phsycic abilities?

The reason i'm asking is because last year when i was pregnant i had a dream that i ran into a co-worker of mine (who had recently had a baby) at a school dance (never went to school with her) and she showed me a pic of her daughter and told me she had passed away, well turns out her daughter had a terminal illness (wasn't diagnosed till way after this dream took place) she did die in August of last year well the night before last i had a dream that my one cat (i have two) had escaped from the house (typical run out the door escape) well last night our cat was scraching at the screen door so i asked my husband what was outside (maybe another cat or bird or something) he said nothing so i told my cats to quit it, well i got up to get something and passed the screen door and there sitting on my front steps looking into the house was my cat! he escaped and we didn't even know!! now is that freaky or what? do you think i have some kind of ability to fortell the future or something??strange......

GUNNER
June 9th, 2004  
C/2nd Lt Robot

Right now im not totaly sure about it but their have been other cases of people having a dream and it happening. Some say its because when your asleep your in only a semiconsise(?). Others beleive it has to do with what Sigmond Frued(?) said " A dream is a wish." But i cant be for sure until it has happened to me.
June 9th, 2004  
Redneck

I dreamed once that I found a cardboard box full of money in the bed of my truck. Still waiting for that to happen, but I'm not giving up.

Personally I don't believe in psychics and the like at all, when they're right, it's either luck or coincidence born of vagueness. There's that old question you know, "why don't you start predicting sports results/lottery numbers and move out of the trailer park?" To which they always answer "oh it doesn't work like that." Seems like a pretty useless "gift" to me even if it did exist.
--
Boots
June 9th, 2004  
DTop

I knew you were going to ask that gunner
June 9th, 2004  
GUNNER

So you think it's all coincidence then? i mean that's twice i've dreamt something and it came true in real life.

GUNNER
June 9th, 2004  
DTop

Who knows? To me, unless this happens on a regular basis, it really is up to you to determine if these were just two coincidences or not. I've heard of stranger things.
June 10th, 2004  
Darkmb101

Life's weird...use whatever it throws out to you for your own benefits. If random things happen after your "predictions" occur dont get too paranoid.
June 10th, 2004  
Tessa

Here is where I step in and say phsycic gifts exist.

So yeah, That's my opinion and experience.
June 10th, 2004  
Marksman

telekinesis....................sure
June 10th, 2004  
FutureRANGER

Once in English class we went around the room and people were telling of freaky things that happened to them that you might calssify as a 'psychic gift'.

There was the lady in California that woke up the morning of September 11, 2001, with a overpowering urge to pray for her brother. Her brother worked in the WTC, and at the time the woman did not know about the attacks.

There was the lady (teacher actually) that was having a sleepover with her friend (when she was a girl). The old brother of her friend was an active "disciple" in the Church of Satan. The two girls woke up at the same time, with the brother, in his robes, mumbling mumbo-jumbo over them, then laughing hysterically. Then the girls found out they had the exact same disturbing dreams.

There a couple more, but you get the gist of it.

I personally don't believe in any psychic gifts of anything like that. There's no logical explanation that could explain it, it goes against the laws of nature, and it just doesn't make sense. Coincidence.