Belgian Infanty Unit / Landcomponent

lol their only two armored vehicles left in service? :lol:

lol..... I hope they had more.....
Betweeen , in Europe the Gouverments are reduced their Military equipment . In these Forums I didn `t found Persons ´they find it good.
The Nederland lost there 60 Leopard 2 A6 NL-Version at 01.May 2011.
So the Nederland and belgium did not have Main battle Tanks. I mean
that are a big Mistake.......

Yeah seriously.
Even with the whole Libya thing, if Europe needed to do anything serious, it seems only France has the capability (and size) for any serious military option.

In the Moment , the Belgian Landcomponent had use the Leopard 1 A5 at Exercises Bergen / Germany . Had anyone Contact to a active Belgium Soldier . I like the old leopard 1 A5 and would get photos to these Exercises.

The Belgian Army are in Exercises by " Battle Ax 2011"
BattleAx2011BelgienTeil2224-Kopie.jpg

High-Res Version : MOWAG Piranha IIIC APC

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pzbrig15/6212511938/sizes/l/in/photostream/

lol..... I hope they had more.....
Betweeen , in Europe the Gouverments are reduced their Military equipment . In these Forums I didn `t found Persons ´they find it good.
The Nederland lost there 60 Leopard 2 A6 NL-Version at 01.May 2011.
So the Nederland and belgium did not have Main battle Tanks. I mean
that are a big Mistake.......

Maybe it seems like Russia needs to step up it's game and threaten the whole of Western Europe again to nessesitate further development of the Leopard. lol

Great photos by the way.

Nice photos but man that has to be the ugliest vehicle on the market, I take it they couldn't build it any taller without it falling over?

:)

The DF90 was a bad buy. The 90mm gun is non NATO standard. This vehicle's price tag is almost 4 million €. The vehicles are not used (only training) and needs to be sold but up until now isn't.

How stable under firing conditions are they, it looks to tall to be a stable fighting platform for a gun of that size.

The 90mm gun was a Belgian political decision. It was a surplus from Cockerill. The Belgians (will) have 18 of them and are not used. They have tried the same gun earlier on a Scimitar but that resulted in cracks in the aluminum chassis after several firings. The DF90 was intended as a replacement for the Leopard tanks. It urned out to be a waste of money (4 mill € a piece). The operators also complain about the lack of a coaxial .50 machine gun.

Back