Belgian FNC

The FN FNC
5.56mm Assault Rifle

I just thought I should make a topic on this truly extraordinary assault rifle, it's been one of my favourites for a LONG TIME!! Enjoy!

5pixl2.gif

23o181.jpg

28arwy9.jpg

2hour0k.jpg

r1bjf4.jpg

Note: I remember reading somewhere here that I shouldnt post pictures showing people's faces, so I just blacked out a bit here.

2ik45y0.jpg

Note: Im pretty sure that in this picture and the one before it that the guns are actually NOT FNC's but the Swedish Ak-5 [Im pretty sure that the camo the guys are wearing is Swedish].​

2dgqosg.jpg

Disclaimer:
I do not claim to own or to have created any of the pictures posted in this thread. Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for "fair use" for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use.

The AK5,s in those pictures are A model AK5,s and they are a rebuilt version of the FNC.
Visable remods are triggerguard enlarged and handguards remade.
Changes made to adapt the FNC to Swedish enviroment.
The rebuilds were done by Bofors defence.

The C model entering mainstay use by now are a completely different weapon but based on the same basic design.

//KJ.

Yes it is.
Since it is designed to blend with the Swedish enviroment it was created for it sticks out like the dogs bollocks in the reast of the world as well.
Desert variant is better and a popular subject to trade into by allied units.
More so in units who uses what clothes they see fit then with regular leg units though.

Since the desert line of the M90 cammo were only made in a limited adition from the start the availability for leg units deploying into desert inviroments were low at the start.
The line has since then increased and the "combat losses" of uniforms have gone down.

//KJ.

The only real downside to the FNC is that for a 5.56 weapon it is rather heavy.
And in urban inviroments they are a bit long.

Most of this has been adressed in the AK 5C design.
The weight is still an issue.
That is why some units in Sweden use various weapons depending on missions.

//KJ.

Back