Beer posts - From the Ukraine thread...

Another angry girl

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xeMpqkW9Aw

This one is a bit strange, but concerning when we share the roads with people like her

Being so drunk so you don't feel the steering is a bit iffy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sdBg7V0Wio&t=253s

My understanding is that Scandanavia takes a somewhat tougher approach to drunk driving than the Anglo-Saxon world although I don't know if that is true as I have never met a sober Finn.

Here DIC/DUI is mostly just a fine and if you aren't convincing enough about your "remorse" you can lose your license for 1-6 months, if that happens you look sad and explain you need to drive for work and they give your license back (like most of our crime, if you tell the judge daddy didn't love you and you are really, really sorry you get off).

The result of this is a lethargic police force and terrible drivers so that video isn't really all that bad here in fact I doubt a missing front wheel probably wouldn't even get stopped.

Our problem isn't a lack of tough laws it is a lack of desire to enforce those laws.

My understanding is that Scandanavia takes a somewhat tougher approach to drunk driving than the Anglo-Saxon world although I don't know if that is true as I have never met a sober Finn.

Here DIC/DUI is mostly just a fine and if you aren't convincing enough about your "remorse" you can lose your license for 1-6 months, if that happens you look sad and explain you need to drive for work and they give your license back (like most of our crime, if you tell the judge daddy didn't love you and you are really, really sorry you get off).

The result of this is a lethargic police force and terrible drivers so that video isn't really all that bad here in fact I doubt a missing front wheel probably wouldn't even get stopped.

Our problem isn't a lack of tough laws it is a lack of desire to enforce those laws.

I have met sober Finns, but it is so rare so I remember it.

I think most people here respect our laws about drinking and driving. We can also face problems with the insurance if we are caught DUI. Those who are caught are usually caught the day after when they get behind the steering wheel too fast or they are alcoholics. We have 0,02, which is low so nothing stronger than coffee if we know we will be driving.

I have met sober Finns, but it is so rare so I remember it.

I think most people here respect our laws about drinking and driving. We can also face problems with the insurance if we are caught DUI. Those who are caught are usually caught the day after when they get behind the steering wheel too fast or they are alcoholics. We have 0,02, which is low so nothing stronger than coffee if we know we will be driving.

We don't even have mandatory insurance and we struggle to have any respect for the law because it is never enforced.

WTF? I sense there is a reason for why she does this (sarcasm)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Back