Beer posts - From the Ukraine thread...

I can't drink stouts, the amber ales are the darkest beer I can drink to "heavy" food and not a lot of them either.

Czech beer is really good.

Guiness is definitely an acquired taste, I was told by my doctor to drink Guiness as my blood was low in iron. It took a little while to get the taste, where I actually enjoyed drinking it.

Guiness is definitely an acquired taste, I was told by my doctor to drink Guiness as my blood was low in iron. It took a little while to get the taste, where I actually enjoyed drinking it.

I think I would take an iron supplement before I drunk Irish bitumen.

I am noticing that my beer tastes have been changing recently and I have started enjoying lower alcohol products more, both the Russians and Ukrainians produce excellent zero alcohol lagers, the Obolon 4.2% is pretty good as well, the Lithuanian Rinkuškiai range of beer is interesting but spans the range of "pretty good" to "bloody awful", the Seno Rusio is nice.

I think I would take an iron supplement before I drunk Irish bitumen.

I am noticing that my beer tastes have been changing recently and I have started enjoying lower alcohol products more, both the Russians and Ukrainians produce excellent zero alcohol lagers, the Obolon 4.2% is pretty good as well, the Lithuanian Rinkuškiai range of beer is interesting but spans the range of "pretty good" to "bloody awful", the Seno Rusio is nice.

I prefer my beer to have between 5-7% alcohol. I am careful with the beer drinking because I am prone to get gout and that is really painful. I have found a replacement which I drink during parties and that is gin with grapefruit soda

I prefer my beer to have between 5-7% alcohol. I am careful with the beer drinking because I am prone to get gout and that is really painful. I have found a replacement which I drink during parties and that is gin with grapefruit soda

Obolon also produce a 6.8% beer which isn't bad.
The Dutch brewery Herzog Jan has some interesting beers mostly high alcohol though.

Obolon also produce a 6.8% beer which isn't bad.
The Dutch brewery Herzog Jan has some interesting beers mostly high alcohol though.

The darker beer (stout and some darker ales) usually have a higher amount of alcohol than lagers.

I tasted quite recently a dark lager from the Czech brewery Bernard and it was pretty good. I really like their regular lager. I haven't tasted their different ales yet

https://www.bernard.cz/en/our-beers/bottled/dark-lager-with-fine-yeast

The darker beer (stout and some darker ales) usually have a higher amount of alcohol than lagers.

I tasted quite recently a dark lager from the Czech brewery Bernard and it was pretty good. I really like their regular lager. I haven't tasted their different ales yet

https://www.bernard.cz/en/our-beers/bottled/dark-lager-with-fine-yeast

We are going through a variant of the IPA craze at the moment, every man and his dog are producing a Hazy IPA.
Essentially they are an IPA without the Hoppy bitterness, some are pretty good.

https://www.db.co.nz/tuatara

We are going through a variant of the IPA craze at the moment, every man and his dog are producing a Hazy IPA.
Essentially they are an IPA without the Hoppy bitterness, some are pretty good.

https://www.db.co.nz/tuatara

I tasted really awful IPAs. I avoid Swedish IPAs, we have governmentally owned liquor stores and I have stepped on mines when I have bought IPAs. I have that I want to taste new beers and it doesn't end well sometimes.

I tasted really awful IPAs. I avoid Swedish IPAs, we have governmentally owned liquor stores and I have stepped on mines when I have bought IPAs. I have that I want to taste new beers and it doesn't end well sometimes.

Well if you find a Hazy IPA try it, it is very different to a normal IPA.

Bud Light has caused a reaction after their cooperation with a trans gender guy. Kid Rock's reaction was quite direct and rather funny. I think Bud Light has done a huge mistake.

Bud Light is a canoe beer, like many other American mainstream beer

Bud Light has caused a reaction after their cooperation with a trans gender guy. Kid Rock's reaction was quite direct and rather funny. I think Bud Light has done a huge mistake.

Bud Light is a canoe beer, like many other American mainstream beer

I think the "outrage" from right wing conservatives is largely the caterwauling of a dying breed and the sooner it keels over the better as I am growing tired of the hypocritical, angry at everything BS they espouse.
That said I really don't understand what they were trying to achieve by the campaign.
Whether or not it was a mistake remains to be seen, for now it is a flop but future generations may not see it that way.
However, none of this changes the fact that Bud in all its forms is a bloody horrible beer.

I think the "outrage" from right wing conservatives is largely the caterwauling of a dying breed and the sooner it keels over the better as I am growing tired of the hypocritical, angry at everything BS they espouse.
That said I really don't understand what they were trying to achieve by the campaign.
Whether or not it was a mistake remains to be seen, for now it is a flop but future generations may not see it that way.
However, none of this changes the fact that Bud in all its forms is a bloody horrible beer.

I think they have done a mistake when the majority of the Americans don't like this. Other companies have suffered financially when they go woke.

Bud Light is like Coors Light, fxxking close to water. Have you tasted Samuel Adams Boston Lager? If you liked it, try Brooklyn Brewery's Lager

https://www.brooklynbrewery.world/?cbgAge=1966121

I think they have done a mistake when the majority of the Americans don't like this. Other companies have suffered financially when they go woke.

Bud Light is like Coors Light, fxxking close to water. Have you tasted Samuel Adams Boston Lager? If you liked it, try Brooklyn Brewery's Lager

https://www.brooklynbrewery.world/?cbgAge=1966121

I think it was poor timing, the reality is that the world is changing.
We see the same arguments here but it is almost entirely driven by the stale, pale and religious crowd, their views however are not prevalent among the generations leaving high school and university.
Ten years from now you will see a very different world.

I cant say I have tried that one but I do enjoy Angry Orchard Hard Cider which is owned by the Samuel Adams brewery, that said I have been trying a bunch of Lithuanian beers and ciders lately.

I think it was poor timing, the reality is that the world is changing.
We see the same arguments here but it is almost entirely driven by the stale, pale and religious crowd, their views however are not prevalent among the generations leaving high school and university.
Ten years from now you will see a very different world.

I cant say I have tried that one but I do enjoy Angry Orchard Hard Cider which is owned by the Samuel Adams brewery, that said I have been trying a bunch of Lithuanian beers and ciders lately.

I don't know if the perception of this will change over time, but women seem to protest about the trans gender stuff. Especially the female athletes and I agree, a man shall not compete against biological women. The guy in the Bud Light commercial has done something similar with Nike and a company making tampons. He is a guy, he doesn't have periods.

Samuel Adams Boston lager is quite popular on taps so if you go to the US you can find in their bars, especially the bars in airports. It isn't like other American lager, it has much more "structure"

The Ukrainian beer is quite popular here, but it is harder to find.

I don't know if the perception of this will change over time, but women seem to protest about the trans gender stuff. Especially the female athletes and I agree, a man shall not compete against biological women. The guy in the Bud Light commercial has done something similar with Nike and a company making tampons. He is a guy, he doesn't have periods.

Samuel Adams Boston lager is quite popular on taps so if you go to the US you can find in their bars, especially the bars in airports. It isn't like other American lager, it has much more "structure"

The Ukrainian beer is quite popular here, but it is harder to find.

I like the Ukrainian Obolon Premium and they do a pretty good 0% alcohol lager.

As for the rest, Back in the 80s we had American "Christians" droning on about Freddy Mercury in a miniskirt, Australia produced Dame Edna and the world carried on.

Last weekend I wandered past a protest here in our 3rd largest city, it was called "let women speak", it consisted of what looked like 5 guys screaming hysterically into a microphone and the only women there said nothing, the placards they were flying said "Stand by "our" women" (ownership concepts are interesting).
Three of the 5 guys were evangelistic "pastors" one of which had done time for beating up his partner and the remaining two were the former and new leader of the local National Front (Nazis).

I like the Ukrainian Obolon Premium and they do a pretty good 0% alcohol lager.

As for the rest, Back in the 80s we had American "Christians" droning on about Freddy Mercury in a miniskirt, Australia produced Dame Edna and the world carried on.

Last weekend I wandered past a protest here in our 3rd largest city, it was called "let women speak", it consisted of what looked like 5 guys screaming hysterically into a microphone and the only women there said nothing, the placards they were flying said "Stand by "our" women" (ownership concepts are interesting).
Three of the 5 guys were evangelistic "pastors" one of which had done time for beating up his partner and the remaining two were the former and new leader of the local National Front (Nazis).

I saw the news about the Let Women Speak. So you were there? Were you the guy in the pink dress? :smile: Women are pretty good at speaking, but a rally for women isn't a place for trans gender people.

I have tried to buy Obolon but it is quite popular (mostly to support Ukraine) and i don't drive for three hours to buy it

I saw the news about the Let Women Speak. So you were there? Were you the guy in the pink dress? :smile: Women are pretty good at speaking, but a rally for women isn't a place for trans gender people.

I have tried to buy Obolon but it is quite popular (mostly to support Ukraine) and i don't drive for three hours to buy it

The problem is that it stopped being about women when the National Front showed up and despite her desire to be painted the victim I find it hard to believe Nazis appearing was a coincidence when her Facebook photo for ages was her in an SS officers uniform.

Even that would have been largely ignored until she came across as a smug patronising ***** in a video to the Prime Minister, Kiwis will ignore a lot of things but we won't put up with an ill educated whinging pom trying to act superior so she got what she deserved as far as I am concerned.

Also New Zealand women are far from the downtrodden victims of male misogyny in fact they are far more aggressive than the Kiwi male, far from needing to "let them speak" it is damn near impossible to stop them, they are more than capable of speaking for themselves.

As for Obolon, there has been shortages here (apparently the factory was damaged early in the war) but it is now more or less consistently in stock in local stores and like you it is popular as a means of supporting Ukraine along with a weird sultana biscuit thing that is really nice.

https://www.slavicastore.com/

Mmmm not quite...

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-features/woke-companies-broke-profits-1234710724/

You're definitely right about the dying breed bit. Microbreweries have completely changed the beer world in the U.S. Anheuser-Busch has only survived this far because they keep buying up companies and brands rather than innovating. I can't speak for the older crowd as a millennial in America, but I have not seen traditional American beers such as Bud, Coors, Miller, Michelob, etc. at parties in awhile. Most parties and weddings I have attended have local breweries cater, hard seltzers like White Claws and Topo Chico, or some other random new craft beer.

Perhaps the Bud Light thing was Anheuser-Busch's way of trying to appeal to the younger and more diverse crowd in the hopes of bringing them back as opposed to continuing to sell to the same crowd that are dying out, primarily in rural areas, or part of the demographic that has for the first time in American history shown a decrease in population growth in the latest census.

You're definitely right about the dying breed bit. Microbreweries have completely changed the beer world in the U.S. Anheuser-Busch has only survived this far because they keep buying up companies and brands rather than innovating. I can't speak for the older crowd as a millennial in America, but I have not seen traditional American beers such as Bud, Coors, Miller, Michelob, etc. at parties in awhile. Most parties and weddings I have attended have local breweries cater, hard seltzers like White Claws and Topo Chico, or some other random new craft beer.

Perhaps the Bud Light thing was Anheuser-Busch's way of trying to appeal to the younger and more diverse crowd in the hopes of bringing them back as opposed to continuing to sell to the same crowd that are dying out, primarily in rural areas, or part of the demographic that has for the first time in American history shown a decrease in population growth in the latest census.

I agree,

I think using light beer may have been for that reason, there is a bit of a separation here where younger generations are drinking more low alcohol and zero alcohol beers and these are the groups that are more likely to accept change while older generations stick to full strength beer because it is what they have always done and oppose any change.

What don't understand what the outrage is over, hell we survived Freddy Mercury in a miniskirt, stockings and a moustache...

I want to break free

Mmmm not quite...

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-features/woke-companies-broke-profits-1234710724/

I stand corrected.

I think the microbreweries are reducing the mainstream beer sales. I really liked some of the microbreweries in Canada. Their IPAs were really good and I have found something strange. Everytime I buy IPAs at the beer store, they taste really bad, but they taste pretty good when I buy them on taps.

I stand corrected.

I think the microbreweries are reducing the mainstream beer sales. I really liked some of the microbreweries in Canada. Their IPAs were really good and I have found something strange. Everytime I buy IPAs at the beer store, they taste really bad, but they taste pretty good when I buy them on taps.

Microbreweries are everywhere I live in southern California. Even Buffalo Wild Wings (a fast food chain that serves terrible buffalo wings with "craft" beers on tap) has semi-decent options. Random food trucks would partner up with a local microbrewery to carry their beers on tap to serve with their food. It's got somewhat overwhelming, and some people are getting fatigued over the myriad of options (and some taste very similar to others), but once you find those few selections of craft beers you enjoy, it's hard to let go, and I find myself patronizing a terrible restaurant just so I can get a glass of their special beer with my lunch.

https://www.buffalowildwings.com/menu/taplist/

Back