becoming a marine sniper

k3nnyx3

i am wanting to become a marine sniper but cant seem to find the full requirements. i have a friend that is a female and wants to be a marine sniper but has heard that females cant be a marine sniper. if anyone has any information regarding this i will greatly appreciate it and so will my best friend. i have talked to a couple different marine recruiters and some of them say that you cant be a female and some say you can. like i said before and information regarding this will be greatly appreciated. thank you

sincerely; Kenneth Ruble

Females are not eligable for combat MOS's hence they cannot hold an 0317 (scout sniper) MOS. It's a no go. There is a possibilty that a female could hold a MP designated marksman billet provided she can qualify for SRT.

As for you.

Enlist as an infantryman
Complete boot camp
complete ITB
Get proficent in your MOS
Shoot high expert
Apply for scout sniper

Probably something along the lines of a bush with a high powered rifle.

Yep, you're right.

Thanks...I guess the "hence" wording in the phrase messed my understanding up..and than I imagine a huge heavy weapon and most women could not carry or handle..but the "hence" really ment could not hold because are not allowed to combat.

The rifle a sniper carries..how much does it really weight?
How many weapons a sniper carry as part of his regular job?
There is any chart somewhere showing picture of a soldier and all their gear and weapons, with names of it and etc for me to have an idea what goes with who and when?

Thanks again.

The rifle a sniper carries..how much does it really weight?
How many weapons a sniper carry as part of his regular job?
There is any chart somewhere showing picture of a soldier and all their gear and weapons, with names of it and etc for me to have an idea what goes with who and when?

Thanks again.

The M40A3 wieghs roughly 17 lbs
The M82A3 wieghs roughly 30 lbs

Snipers generally carry a bolt gun and a side arm, although some do carry an M4.

Spotters are generally armed with an optic equipped M16,

The M40A3 wieghs roughly 17 lbs
The M82A3 wieghs roughly 30 lbs

Snipers generally carry a bolt gun and a side arm, although some do carry an M4.

Spotters are generally armed with an optic equipped M16,

The canadian employment of the .50s in The Stan have been quite impressive.
03 will correct me if I am wrong but I think their range record still stands?

//KJ.

The Canadian record still stands. Just over a mile and a half with the Macmillan Tac-50.

Are there any snipers who belong to these forums? If there is message me

Do you have specific questions about the trade or the US CoC?
I have a guy here with me who have gone through our TIC if you have questions about the craft?

//KJ.

Since he ain't gonna be a sniper in the near future he might be better off worrying about how to become a good Marine or Solider first. Then worry about trade craft and field craft later.

Back