Beautifal places of the world

The Blue Moutains is nice :D Just, I wouldn't advice it around December/January. Thats Bushfire Season, come anytime before then, or else you'll only be seeing, smoke, red trucks, yellow overalls and red and blue flashing lights

sunb! said:
Anfield is the home of Liverpool Football Club :)

I prefer going here - Lofoten Islands, my childhood in a nutshell.

lofoten.jpg

The Northern Light

nordlys2.jpg

The Raftsund Straight - a few nautical miles from my parents house.

raftsundstrait2.jpg

The Trollfjord - fantastic scenery and popular spots for recreation and mountain climbing

trollfjordflag.jpg

All I can say is WOW. VERY nice places to go. Especially the light one. 8) :D

Feck england come to ireland, its yummy :p Ring of kerry or kilarney is the nicest places, or go to galway in september for the guinness and oyster festival, great fun :p

and you guys have great beer over there in the Land of the Luck too....I know...Im from there. My great-grandmother came over to America on a boat from Ireland.

This is arrogant, but we have that or better in the USA.

Hawaii

Grand canyon

NYC,Chicago,LA,Miami

Las Vegas

The great planes

Or come here to the mountain state and see the beatiful appalachins.

it goes on and on.

Hmmm sounds a bit like Australia also.

The Whitsundays
37_1.jpg

Uluru (Ayres Rock)
Uluru-close.jpg

Sydney/Melbourne/Brisbane/Adelaide/Perth etc
sydney-opera-house.jpg

Brisbane (Otherwise known as Bris-Vegas)

southbank2_wideweb__430x242.jpg

The Birdsville track
birdsville_track.jpg

The Blue Mountains
Blue-Mountains.jpg

The Victorian Alps

V16pic.jpg

Kangaroo Island
Flinders%20Chase%20NP%20Remarkable%20Rocks%20KI.JPG

Well, I guess I should at least say one nice thing about my state.

Mount Rushmore.
1rush27.l.jpg

The world famous Sturgis Motorcycle Rally.
sturgisheader04097vq.jpg

The Badlands.
badland3.jpg

Look! Gophers!
badprairiedog.jpg

Buffalo.
buffalo.jpg

Errr, Buffalo.
Bison.jpg

Dances With Wolves (Great movie!) was filmed etirely in South Dakota.
Dances%20with%20Wolves.jpg

And of course, the Corn Palace.
Mitchell,%20South%20Dakota%20--%20Corn%20Palace.jpg

C/CMSgt Henderson said:
the second buffalo are commonly known as bison man.

Not in South Dakota, here they are called "Tatanka."

Anyways, the differences between North and South Dakota. The first and biggest difference is the names, two letters. South Dakota is larger and more populace than North Dakota. South Dakota has many famous visitor attractions, such as Mount Rushmore, the Black Hills, Sturgis, the Corn Palace, Wall Drug, Jackalopes and four of the eight dams on the Missouri. Which is simultaneously a source of great revenue and headaches for our states. The upper states of the Missouri Compact (South Dakota, North Dakota and Montana) believe that the dams should be holding back more water to allow the fish to spawn in spring, the lower states (Iowa, Nebraska, Missouri) believe that the dams should let more water through to allow shipping to move further up the river even though most barges go no further than St. Louis.

North Dakota however does not have their heads up their asses. South Dakota is far more populace as I said before, Sioux Falls, where I live, is growing incredibly fast. Brandon, a suburb of Sioux Falls, will be the third largest city in the state in less than a decade if they keep growing at the projected rates. You would think that the state would take advantage of that growth, build some new stuff, but no. The Gateway Arena in Sioux City seats 10,000, the FargoDome has a capacity of 18,500. The Sioux Falls Arena sells out at 6,000. Hmm, I wonder why we can never get any big name stars to come to South Dakota. Finally there are plans to build a new events center, the plans have not been approved yet and it is still just conjecture, but it is a start. Also, even though North Dakota has almost no tourist atractions they make a lot more money off of tourism than South Dakota because most of our attractions are free to the public. (Like I said, stupid.)

Some pictures I forgot.

A Jackalope.
Jackalope.jpg

Wall Drug
wall_drug_storea_2.jpg

Back