BDU's in Australia

Ginsu-Moose

Hi there,

I would like to know if there is a store I can order BDU's from that is within Australia or will ship to Australia.

Im also interested in modern German BDU's also, and im not fussy about where the items will come from.

If anyone knows a site (in english please) that has such items and can ship to/within Australia please let me know.

Hi Ginsu-Moose, welcome to this Forum!! :cheers:
If you want to find shops that sell such stuff i think you should use some Internet Searche sites like http://www.Google.com/ or something and i think you will find allot of Internet-Shops.
But this one i know http://www.flecktarn.co.uk/ . It sells German Flecktarn and other camouflage pattern. About the shipping you must look yourself, maybe write an E-Mail.

If you wanna know something about german uniforms or equipment fell free to ask me. I will give my best to answer your questions. And if i don´t know it here are a few germans that maybe can give you the right answer!!!

Greetz Joker

Last edited:
Ginsu-Moose said:
WOW!!!

Thanks a bunch for that site mate!! :D

And yes I do have a question, what are Panzergrenadiers?
No problem. You´re welcome.:cheers:

A “Panzergrenadier” is a member of a Mechanized Infantry unit.
The “Panzergrenadier” is transported by the “Marder” the Infantry Fighting Vehicle of the “Bundeswehr”. Normaly 6 “Panzergrenadiere” (plural of Panzergrenadier) are the passengers of a “Marder” IFV. The “Marder” has a crew of 3 men or woman (since the year 2000 women can also serve in this job´s, same with the Panzergrenadiere) , a commander, a driver and a gunner. The “Panzergrenadiere” are trained and equipped for the fight against normal Infantry or Armoured units.
They use the normal equipment of the Bundeswehr like:
G36
AG36
P8
MG3
MG4
Panzerfaust 3
G22
Don´t know exactly but I think a few units are equiped with the new “IDZ” (“Infanterist der Zukunft “ that’s the german soldier of future projetct).
This equipment includes stuff like a new body armour, squad radio, protective eyewear, new night-vision,………….
Hope that I could helped you.
If you have more questions keep them coming.

Greetz Joker

Thanks for the info.

Here is another question:

German Paratroopers.
What kind of tasks are they expected to do in field, and is there anything that makes them stand out, or sets them apart from the rest?

Hey since you are asking about the German Army, I would like to ask, Wad is the current issue of weapons to the Bundeswehr?

zander_0633 said:
Hey since you are asking about the German Army, I would like to ask, Wad is the current issue of weapons to the Bundeswehr?
:bang: :bang: :bang:
Hey little boy, have you ever think about reading the whole thread and not only read the last post and than posting a absolut stupid question??? This is not the first time that this happens!!!

Another question. Are you not able to use Google.com or do you not know that there are things on the Internet like a searchengine????
Or is it possible that you are just to lazy to spend time on such things and let others make the work for you????

Not only that the answer to your question is in the 4th post of this thread, if you had only wirte "bundeswehr service rifle" or "Bundeswehr issued rifle" into one of those magical things called searchengines you would get your answer in only 15 minutes by youreself!!!

It´s ok to ask if you don´t have a clue or didn´t find something, but questions that can be easily answered by yourself are absolut needless questions!!

@Ginsu-Moose

Sorry, but i had to say that or i may explode.
Heres the answer!!!

Sorry, don´t know a lot about the paratroops, but I tell you what I know and hope that it helped you.

The “Fallschirmjäger“(Paratrooper) or “Fallschirmjaeger”( “ae” for all the ones that don´t have the “ä” letter in their alphabet) are a own branch of service in germany.
Special about “Fallschirmjäger” in germany is that they are big in traditions. If you finished your training as a Paratrooper you get your jumpwings and you get conferred your dark-red barrett. If you come from a different branch of the german army you only get your jumpwings after finishing Airborne School.
“Fallschirmjäger” not only have a normal infantry training, they also have special weapons and shooting training. Another big part of their training is the fight behind enemy lines with guerilla warfare techniques. A lot of the “Fallschirmjäger” make a “combat survival course” (I don´t know the exactly english translation) and/or a CQB course. They often train with other Paratroops of different countrys to provide and maintain a high level.
They also have a nice little weapons carrier called “Waffenträger Wiesel 1” with a 2 man crew (Commander and Driver) and different weapons that can be mounted ( MK 20mm or TOW) here a link to this nice little thing only in german but nice pix.

http://www.panzer-modell.de/referenz/in_detail/wiesel_mk20/wiesel_mk20.htm

Like in most armed forces of the world, most Special Forces members come from the “Fallschimjäger”. Same in Germany, our SF the KSK (Kommando Special Kräfte) was formed out of a former “Falschirmjäger” Brigade!

I don´t know if they are more elite than other infantry units like “Panzergrenadiere” or “Gebirgsjäger”( mountain troops) because if you ask a member of this branch he will always tell you that his branch is the best. I think that every branch is elite in their job and what they do because that’s what they are trained for and you need all branches and jobs to complete a mission. Like a mechanic that repairs Jeeps or tanks or what ever because without him these rides are useless . Same thing without artillery soldiers that only carry the rounds to the howitzer. They are maybe not the “elite infantryman” like “Fallschirmjäger” or Army Rangers or any other "elite" unit, but without these guys the artillery is not able to shoot and maybe provide suppressive fire for any “elite” infantry unit 20 Km away at the frontline.
Hope I could helped you.

Greetz Joker

Last edited:
zander_0633 said:
Sorry! I will try to read everything ok!
:sorry: :eek:fftopic:
You can use the same sources in the Internet that we other members of this forum can use. So use them!!!!!
If you wanna know somthing about the "FN SCAR" just write it into http://www.google.com and you find alllllloooooooooootttttttt of info.
Same with other stuff that you wanna know!!!
So you can avoid a lot of needless posts!!! Btw, you do a lot of them!!!

Joker

Try Wellignton Surplus or Silhouette Militaria, Both are located in OZ and both do mail order.
Just do a google for the above to view their sites.
Most QLD disposal stores stock world military uniforms as well. Can't think of their names at the moment.
A lot of what you want is advertised in Australian Defender Magazine.

Hi just wondering why the german army stuck with the MG3 and didnt go with the HK 21 (Think that was the 7.62mm version).Also is the MG3 still made in germany by rheinmetall?, i know its still produced in Turkey but i was looking for the german manufacturer but cant find it as i know it wasnt H&K who made it.

Back