bayonet trainning

The Canadian Forces do bayonet training on BMQ/BMOQ, but it was just recently introduced as I never did it when I went through in '05 and again in '06.

In Spanish army there was atraining, including bayonet movements called "Tabla de combate", where you were trained in using movements of the weapon to protect/attack in body-body combat.

Anyway I think bayonet is not so useful in such combats actually. ) I said so...if needed you can use it, but I would not act thinking in bayonet close combat).

The idea is to make the movements natural to you so when you have to use your bayonet or rifle butt, the movement will be more natural (i.e. you don't have to think about doing it before you do it).

The idea is to make the movements natural to you so when you have to use your bayonet or rifle butt, the movement will be more natural (i.e. you don't have to think about doing it before you do it).

In close combat is much better not to think, just to act instictively. But I with cold mind I think is dangerous to trust a bayonet to save your life in body-body combat. Of course it can, but i will use other items better.

It´s different you have nothing else that your bayonet and your teeth (one of the most infectious bites is human, I knor Komodo´s dragon is worst, but I have no one in my rucksack) :-D

But this is like flavours, each one his favourite ways: someone likes metallicac laces, other combat knives, other infantry spades...it depends, like all, including the real situation)

Cheers

We had it at Infantry school. I lost my voice from screaming "Kill!" so much. Building aggression is 90% of the course like what was previously said. Putting a bayonet in somebodys chest is a very intimate thing, it takes far more courage than putting a round in somebody from 100 meters out.

Last edited:
Back