BAYONET FIGHTING!

I know something about bayonet fighting..

• YES

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • HEARD OF IT

• HEY, I'M AN EXPERT BAYONET FIGHTER!

• Total voters
my god i have a horrible luck while practising my fighting, i always seem to smash my barrel up against the target frames, my bloody handguards on my c7 tend to snap or break and my flippin c79 sight goes out of zero, the weapons tech at my regiment get so angry when i come to him with a busted rifle. i hate bayonet fighting, ill take my c9/m249 any day

I think very few modern soldiers could use the bayonet today.

Australian soldiers in WW1 were very good at it. Unfortunately they took few prisoners in particular battles. :(

wrong my friend. the bayonet was used effectivly by the british in the faulkland islands war and the americans have done a few bayonet charges in iraq. on one such occasion the americans drove a group of iraqis so far back they jmped into the tigirus river to get away. the last thing the enemy exspects in battle is a screaming bayonet charge, when the shiz hits the fan the bayonet is still a very effective weapon and should be taught to every soldier regardless of trade and rank.

The last two bayonet charges in british military history have been done by scots :)
The last one in the falklands was by a scot unit and the latest in iraq by a bunch of argyles , funnily enough they done better without the amunition....weird.....

inthemo said:
wrong my friend. the bayonet was used effectivly by the british in the faulkland islands war and the americans have done a few bayonet charges in iraq. on one such occasion the americans drove a group of iraqis so far back they jmped into the tigirus river to get away. the last thing the enemy exspects in battle is a screaming bayonet charge, when the shiz hits the fan the bayonet is still a very effective weapon and should be taught to every soldier regardless of trade and rank.

It would't happen too often though. :?

But frankly it does... From what I hear the Brits are really quite formidable at this (i think they invented it).
Eventially you have to clear entrenched positions by hand - and if it's a large live entrenchment YOU WILL RUN OUT OF AMMO.
There has simply not been a modern battle fought were the bayonet was not used.
Also, in the Bin Laden tunnels, it turned out that for the most part they were cleared hand to hand by the Brits - i only found that in a report a few weeks ago. They used fixed bayonets and knives.
Tenacious fighters those brits - I always took them for a joke til I saw how they operated.

Wombat, you need to post sources and links for your information. Please read the rules.

I know alittle about bayonet fighting. But I would really like to meet the man who came up with the idea of putting a knife on a barrel of a rifle!

The bayonet will continue to serve until the government or miltary considers it obsolete. But hell, that will never happen. The military is funding money for stealth, so hand fighting might become obsolete. I doubt it.

The bayonet was used this year by British forces in Iraq, a patrol of one of the Scottish Regiments had been pinned down by heavy fire. A section of the troop made a flanking movement and got amongst them using their bayonets. There were complaints from people that visit the scene of this battle over the numbers of Iraqis that had been killed by the bayonet.

LIBERTY said:
I know alittle about bayonet fighting. But I would really like to meet the man who came up with the idea of putting a knife on a barrel of a rifle!

Well, at one time, rifles were longer than a man was tall and took a long time to reload. See the reasoning?

I always found a shovel a great and effective weapon for close combat fighting, you could part some ones hair right down to there chin with it.

Back