BAYONET FIGHTING!

I know something about bayonet fighting..

• YES

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • HEARD OF IT

• HEY, I'M AN EXPERT BAYONET FIGHTER!

• Total voters
Yes.. it's true that a soldier should use everything at his disposal during fighting.

However.. during heavy fighting either in the jungle or in build-up areas, it is more handy to use the bayonet (fixed) if the enemy is too close to shoot... rather than hold another weapon (a knife etc) in one hand and the rifle in the other hand.

:rambo: ;)

Of course, if special forces are sent to assassinate, then a gun with silencer or a good army knife will do well..

SAINT said:
Yes.. it's true that a soldier should use everything at his disposal during fighting.

However.. during heavy fighting either in the jungle or in build-up areas, it is more handy to use the bayonet (fixed) if the enemy is too close to shoot... rather than hold another weapon (a knife etc) in one hand and the rifle in the other hand.

:rambo: ;)

Of course, if special forces are sent to assassinate, then a gun with silencer or a good army knife will do well..

Yeah, in close quarters there is no time to grab any other weapons. Just use gun itself or bayonet if fixed, but outdoors and in urban other weapons can be kept ready for the time when the main weapon suddenly says click and enemy soldier is coming on. Just for cause.

Actually some techniques I learned in Aikido that involved the Jo (short stick) could be used easily in a bayonet fight. I believe the Imperial Japanese Army used these techniques for some of their bayonet / close quarters drills until it changed during World War II.

lets see

As far as I know they don't teach baynet fighting in the UK armed forces. But if they do I ain't ahd the need to come across it.

Now Baton's, BIG MASSIVE FCUK OFF guns are my play toys.

Obv. when raiding ship's or drug barons then we get our protection ans defence training. But the baynet fighting seems more like an infantry thing.

If you have ever seen the film:

"Love, Honour & Obey" your get this.......

FIXXXXXXXX BAYNETSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Some old films are really great because the emphasis was on the story and not effects etc. They knew that the story had to sell because visually they were still far from making it *truly* convincing. People had to be absorbed in the story and the characters.
Not to mention those bayonet charges.
Speaking of Bayonet charges on the tele, that was the way the multi-season series "Black Adder" ended (until they added Black Adder: Goes Back and Forth 10 years later or something).

yeah but

Black Adder........what a corker of a TV show that was!!!!

Dad's Army was another.

No offense, but America with war films has lost its way with all this technology graphics etc. It looks like they focus more on the settings etc than the characters. I mean don't get me wrong got some corker films but lets face it we are losing to graphic enhancement

And related to films and bayonet fighting:

The last of mohicans, Geronimo or whatever indian war film ever made. Long rifle with bayonet vs. knifes and tomahawks (similar to light field axe).

Yeah well most any sane person would prefer to shoot them, however, if you're so close you're at hand to hand, cold steel is damn nice thing to have - not to mention if you run out of ammo.

Charge_7 said:
Yeah well most any sane person would prefer to shoot them, however, if you're so close you're at hand to hand, cold steel is damn nice thing to have - not to mention if you run out of ammo.

Then we face the next problem. If the enemy soldier wears kevlar vest. Should hit f****** hard if wants to stick any sharp object throught them and if don't want to hit/slice legs, arms or face. Field axe etc. can be used as club if penetration is not reached. But should be useful against any without vest at hand to hand.

Charge_7 said:
In addition to what 03USMC said;

The neck's a fairly easy target. So is the groin.

Yeah, throat, neck, knees, arms and other body parts that i don't know in london and strong hit to head by edged weapon is hard anyway helmet weared or not.

Back