Battleship

Yossarian

Forum Resistance Leader
So has anyone else seen it? What are your thoughts, I'd love to hear em.

I had my 3D glasses left over from the Avengers and figured why not, and went and watched Battleship.

For what I was expecting to see I was indeed surprised as it was a pretty good film.

However, I was a little let down by the typical alien invasion layout.

Aliens shock world.

America seems to be the only country capable of resisting.

America finds silver bullet and blows it up.

America celebrates and we cut to a proposal scene.

However, I was glad to see some international recgonition of this fictional alien crisis. Meaning it's was not just the U.S. fighting and succeeding against aliens this time, although it is a bit over dramatic.

All in all I liked and may download it on Zune Market place when it comes out.

If you can get over the whole recruiting for the U.S. Navy and cheesy character devolpments parts. Then it is a very good action movie.

Also (SPOILER ALERT) Who doesn't want to fantasize about the U.S.S. Missouri saving the world?

Last edited:
I've watched the movie and I love it! Aliens invading the world kinda movie is not really new this days. Who else will help save America but the military people, right? Seeing the US Navy and their battleships and aircraft carriers in this movie is so cool. A little taste of love story here is fine and somewhat cute. Liam Neeson's role is promising. Seeing Rihanna there was new yet she did great in her role.

Kudos to the movie director, staff and actors! Splendid film!

Battleship,in my eyes, is a distinctly laddish film with a fetishistic cross-dress look at the machinery of war and a "adversity makes you strong" rhetoric that is not to endure, if there was not also a good dose of irony involved.

One can only laugh at Battleship, which is so rampant in his worship of women, guns and rock music, it's almost touching.

But only almost, because make no mistake: The heroic keynote is unadulterated patriotism, and it is hardly a coincidence that action takes place at Pearl Harbor, where the Americans were attacked by Japan in 1941.

In Battleship Americans and Japanese unite in the battle against a common enemy and it is a politically correct point in this era of globalization, but otherwise the film could easily be made ​​half a century ago, since its formula is made ​​of old-Hollywood-elements .

It is emphasized when Alex must get the old war heroes back who has become wrinkled and gray-haired but still have the skills to manage the big, old battleships, which will be the last resort in the fight against the invasion from outer space.

Here are battle so smugly that one would think the U.S. military had posted money in the film production.

Battleship,in my eyes, is a distinctly laddish film with a fetishistic cross-dress look at the machinery of war and a "adversity makes you strong" rhetoric that is not to endure, if there was not also a good dose of irony involved.

One can only laugh at Battleship, which is so rampant in his worship of women, guns and rock music, it's almost touching.

But only almost, because make no mistake: The heroic keynote is unadulterated patriotism, and it is hardly a coincidence that action takes place at Pearl Harbor, where the Americans were attacked by Japan in 1941.

In Battleship Americans and Japanese unite in the battle against a common enemy and it is a politically correct point in this era of globalization, but otherwise the film could easily be made ​​half a century ago, since its formula is made ​​of old-Hollywood-elements .

It is emphasized when Alex must get the old war heroes back who has become wrinkled and gray-haired but still have the skills to manage the big, old battleships, which will be the last resort in the fight against the invasion from outer space.

Here are battle so smugly that one would think the U.S. military had posted money in the film production.

I do realize this, I do see this and I did expect heavy elements of the this. And the U.S. military had a little influence in the film as the U.S. Navy helped make it.

Same thing with Battle Los Angeles and the USMC.

Correct on many things you are, and agreeing with you on them as well.

It is a movie , with aliens. Any hope of fancy screen play and more grounded characters and action in the film went out the window right there.

And the film directly credits the fact it is based off a board game.

I am serious.

Understanding this from the get go I did not mistakenly raise my expectations in those departments and from what I was expecting in was pretty good.

Unfortunatly many many people out there today all want nothing but films and musics oogling over guns sex and women. Why? Because it's what sells.

Big time film maker's less us not forget, are not public servants and have a business to run.

Or in some cases, recruit people by misguiding them into thinking they will be fighting aliens with popular music artists in Hawaii.

Back