Battlefield 2142 Unlocks Mod?

AlphaHound

I bought a Games Magazine today, you know the type with the girl on front and a Dvd with demo's and paches? I noticed my son (12) installing a Mod for Battlefield 2142, or was it. The Mod claimed to unlock weapons "on-line" I tried it and (singleplayer) and found that it did. Now lads, to me that is cheating, plain and simple, so I removed it and had one of those chats with my son, lol. To me it is completely unfair if it allows you to gain advantage over players, who earn "unlocks" by playing fair and hard to earn them. What do you think?
:rambo:

Your morals are without parallel Alpha Hound. Well done.

However, it might be an object lesson for your son if he is allowed to realise that it is almost never the "honest player" who wins in the real world.

Also if he has the CD, so do a zillion other kids, he is now at a serious disadvantage.

To me it is completely unfair if it allows you to gain advantage over players, who earn "unlocks" by playing fair and hard to earn them.
I certainly agree to that..

But I haven't heard about any hacks/mods that can unlock weapons on ranked servers yet, so it was hopefully only working on unranked ones??

I would like to think so! However I would only try it out on single player, there is a possobility that punkbuster would pick it up as it uses a seprate exec icon, and obviously adapts game files, the Mod is called/written by FFOULKES and was distributed by P.C Format magazine in the UK. Worth dropping a line to punkbuster??
:tank:

I am totally anti-cheating. I am a lowly silver sergent but I earned my rack through death (mostly mine :-( ).

I'd like to know how the hack works however, I thought the data that controls th unlocks was kept on the EA client verification server.

Anti Cheating

MMarsh, you have tasted/earned the same as any honest online gamer, a sense of the real world. Nothing is as it SHOULD be, but as it is. I have developed the attitude that cheaters may indead win the one to one fight, or gain a better ranking. So what!!!

As a a fair gamer, you will know in your heart you did your best to win for your self and team. That is all that matters in cyberworld. As for the real world, I wish I new more honest "straight up front" people. That is why I joined Millforum. "Never mind how dirty they are, just kill the :cens: ! when and how, you can!"

That was a quote from a Battery Commander with whom I had the pleasure of serving with.

:salute2:

MMarsh, you have tasted/earned the same as any honest online gamer, a sense of the real world. Nothing is as it SHOULD be, but as it is. I have developed the attitude that cheaters may indead win the one to one fight, or gain a better ranking. So what!!!

As a a fair gamer, you will know in your heart you did your best to win for your self and team. That is all that matters in cyberworld. As for the real world, I wish I new more honest "straight up front" people. That is why I joined Millforum. "Never mind how dirty they are, just kill the :cens: ! when and how, you can!"

That was a quote from a Battery Commander with whom I had the pleasure of serving with.

:salute2:

When I play against cheaters it ruins my fun. I like a streight-up competition equal sides, equal play. That way if I get beat (and even beaten badly) its because I was out played not because some skunk tricked the system in order to win.

I don't mind losing, because with every loss I learn something new which in turn improves my game improves. However I gain nothing by being beat by a cheater.

That what cheating is, putting your 'win' (even a hollow victory) ahead of everybody else's enjoyment of the game. I find thats a very selfish attitude, and I dislike selfish people. I have no problem with people cheating in single player...

BTW. I did find that cheat you mentioned on the internet last night. Keep two things in mind

1. It only works in single play.
2. It will screw up the multiplay because PUNKBUSTER will detect it as a hack/mod and block multiplay. I'm told there is a way to desactivate it if you want to play multiplayer, but the link is on my home PC. I'll get it later for you if you want it.

That is excellent news about the "Mod" not working on multyplayer. You are correct, it does spoil the game when cheats are used and yes it is very selfish of people to use them. Hope to meet you online for a fair fight!

:D

Back