Battlefield 2: Special Forces expansion pack

Redleg

The fire is everything
Staff member
Anyone tried it yet??

Installed it tonight, so I've only tried it for a few minutes, but so far it's looking very good.. :rambo:

Battlefield 2 Special Forces takes the intensity and quality of Battlefield 2 behind the scenes of news headlines, showcasing the most elite and deadly forces in the modern military world. Using accurate Special Forces weapons, gadgets, and vehicles, these covert armies battle to control key military and strategic locations.

In Battlefield 2 Special Forces, players will choose to fight as one of 6 different Special Forces soldiers – Navy SEALs, British SAS, Russian Spetznas, MEC Special Forces, Rebel groups and insurgents. Armed with the latest Special Forces weaponry, players can take control of any of the game’s 10 new vehicles to engage in major conflicts with up to 64 players. Additionally, persistent character growth allows players to continue to rise through the ranks.

Key Features
6 new forces – Navy Seals, British SAS, Russian Spetznas, MEC Special Forces, Rebel groups and Insurgents, each with their own unique arsenal and tactics
8 new maps –strategic locations featuring expanded indoor play
10 new vehicles, including the Desert Raider, Combat ATV, and Apache Longbow
Special Forces weapons and gadgets including zip line, grappling hook, tear gas, and flash bang grenades
Dynamic Lighting and Low Light Vision bring stealth and tactics to the battlefield, allowing players to hide in the dark or spot enemies with night vision goggles
Generalized Triggering System used to control key elements of the environment
Online multiplayer action with 64 players on the PC
Join a squad or select Commander Mode with the new night vision filter to assume the strategic role of a battlefield commander directing his forces.
Character Persistence and Growth. With in-game success, players can attain additional ranks and unlock new awards
Full in-game community support
Voice-over IP supported with USB headset
http://www.eagames.com/official/battlefield/specialforces/us/features.jsp

Battlefield 2, patch to v. 1.12 has been released by the way
http://www.eagames.com/official/battlefield/battlefield2/us/editorial.jsp?src=communityupdate_112205
http://www.eagames.com/official/battlefield/battlefield2/us/downloads.jsp#

If you've got the Special Forces expansion then it's important that you update to v 1.12 again after you've installed Special Forces.
It doesn't matter if you've installed the patch before since Special Forces comes with the previous version and it will overwrite the v 1.12 patch..

bought it off of amazon B) 25 bux at amazon and free ship B)
coming december 2nd OMG I CANT WAIT XD :p

Anyone try it? I have and I must say I somewhat dissappointed. The new weapons are OK, but the new maps are sort of dull. I dont like the night mode, but worst of all the performance stinks. I have a very good system and the performance is bad compared to the original BF2.

It makes me think they were trying to squeeze a few extra bucks off the title before Christmas.

mmarsh said:
Anyone try it? I have and I must say I somewhat dissappointed. The new weapons are OK, but the new maps are sort of dull. I dont like the night mode, but worst of all the performance stinks. I have a very good system and the performance is bad compared to the original BF2.

It makes me think they were trying to squeeze a few extra bucks off the title before Christmas.

I got some friends who actually admire it.. Well, whats so different?
should I get it?

well it came early and I got it november 30th today :D

I cant install the DAMN THING -_o;;

i usually use D drive..
C drive is 800 MB free
D drive is 10 GIG free...

ugh it auto use C drive for temp.. :s I dont even have anything in C drive.. whys it saying i have no room :s

Back