battle of lexington and concord

danthepirate

who fired the first shot at the battle of lexington and concord? the americans or the british? and why we may ask. The british were advancing to concord but the american minute men were in their way. Does this mean that the british fired the first shot? Or could the americans, with the taste of blood, ignored major pitcairn and fired on the brits any way? we may never know. what are you opinions?

:horsie:

Vin diesel fired the first shot at the battle of lexington and concord :)

now time to get serious....
it was probably the Americans because they had less men so one of their guys got scared and shot....
just my 2 cents

Neither, some bystander with a gun got clumsy and shot it off. How hard is this to believe? The americans weren't about to shoot and start a battle because they weren't ready to die, and the british were too disciplined to shoot guns off in the middle of talking.

WarMachine said:
Neither, some bystander with a gun got clumsy and shot it off. How hard is this to believe? The americans weren't about to shoot and start a battle because they weren't ready to die, and the british were too disciplined to shoot guns off in the middle of talking.

yeah your probably right, but it is a very interesting thought

Vin Diesel.... damn i love that site. hes the answer to everything. I think it was the American side because the brits were too well trained to fire without being ordered to.

behemoth79 said:
Vin Diesel.... damn i love that site. hes the answer to everything. I think it was the American side because the brits were too well trained to fire without being ordered to.

True, true. He was also probably a sniper.

danthepirate said:
who fired the first shot at the battle of lexington and concord? the americans or the british? and why we may ask. The british were advancing to concord but the american minute men were in their way. Does this mean that the british fired the first shot? Or could the americans, with the taste of blood, ignored major pitcairn and fired on the brits any way? we may never know. what are you opinions?

I think I can help narrow the options down a little here, I can categorically say it wasn't me.
:)

MontyB said:
danthepirate said:

I think I can help narrow the options down a little here, I can categorically say it wasn't me.
:)

wow that really clears things up. 1 person down and like 50 billion more to go...dang ive got some work to do who fired that dang shot!!!!!!!!

I'm almost certain it wasn't me, and I'm pretty sure it wasn't any of the other 3,000+ forum members, or any of their closest relatives, friends or neighbours either..

So can we continue on topic from now on, please?? :)

Redleg said:
I'm almost certain it wasn't me, and I'm pretty sure it wasn't any of the other 3,000+ forum members, or any of their closest relatives, friends or neighbours either..

So can we continue on topic from now on, please?? :)

what he said...which side do you think acutally fired the first shot and why?

Desert_Eagle said:
It could have been some dumb kid,

ahh yes... I can see it now....

"Jimmy!! Get back here witht that musket...Jiiiimyyy!!!"

and jimmys' thoughts"hahahahha im going to go start a war!!!"

As the poor boy moves into position he fires of his fathers old inacurate musket and misses his target, whether it be british or colonial(i guess it depends whether the boys parents were loyalist or patriot).
Well both sides instantly fire off thier volleys and start to kill each other and the colonials start to retreat.

Lets say that young Jimmy was a loyalist and his target was a colonial. Some american sharp shooter saw this young welp take a shot at his side and the sniper snuck around till he was in the perfect position and...bang! Poor Jimmy lies on the ground having been just grazed over the arm. He runs back to his mamma and she scolds him and says it serves him right for starting a war!
Well then this sniper ashamed he didn't kill his target decides not to tell his superiors about his little failure and it goes a mystery how the war was started till now. Well it could have happened that way.........

Desert_Eagle said:
Or maybe the kid fought in the colonial ranks and had an itchy trigger finger

well i was thinking a very young kid, but yes there were many children (mostly about our age) who fought in that war. It is very sad, I imagine that many of them must have been very scared and did probably have ichy trigger fingers or ichy everything! Hard times, hard times...(oh and the kid coulda been british to you know, they had some pretty young people in their ranks as well)

danthepirate said:
Desert_Eagle said:
Or maybe the kid fought in the colonial ranks and had an itchy trigger finger

well i was thinking a very young kid, but yes there were many children (mostly about our age) who fought in that war. It is very sad, I imagine that many of them must have been very scared and did probably have ichy trigger fingers or ichy everything! Hard times, hard times...(oh and the kid coulda been british to you know, they had some pretty young people in their ranks as well)

As drummers, even if that.

Back