battle of lexington and concord

--

May 12th, 2005  
danthepirate

Topic: battle of lexington and concord

who fired the first shot at the battle of lexington and concord? the americans or the british? and why we may ask. The british were advancing to concord but the american minute men were in their way. Does this mean that the british fired the first shot? Or could the americans, with the taste of blood, ignored major pitcairn and fired on the brits any way? we may never know. what are you opinions?

May 12th, 2005  
rotc boy

Vin diesel fired the first shot at the battle of lexington and concord

now time to get serious....
it was probably the Americans because they had less men so one of their guys got scared and shot....
just my 2 cents
May 12th, 2005  
WarMachine

Neither, some bystander with a gun got clumsy and shot it off. How hard is this to believe? The americans weren't about to shoot and start a battle because they weren't ready to die, and the british were too disciplined to shoot guns off in the middle of talking.
--
May 12th, 2005  
danthepirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMachine
Neither, some bystander with a gun got clumsy and shot it off. How hard is this to believe? The americans weren't about to shoot and start a battle because they weren't ready to die, and the british were too disciplined to shoot guns off in the middle of talking.
yeah your probably right, but it is a very interesting thought
May 12th, 2005  
behemoth79

Vin Diesel.... damn i love that site. hes the answer to everything. I think it was the American side because the brits were too well trained to fire without being ordered to.
May 12th, 2005  
Desert_Eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by behemoth79
Vin Diesel.... damn i love that site. hes the answer to everything. I think it was the American side because the brits were too well trained to fire without being ordered to.
True, true. He was also probably a sniper.
May 13th, 2005  
grizzly

I think that i was someone in the houses. A Patriot who wanted to kill the brits
My thought anyway
May 13th, 2005  
Desert_Eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzly
I think that i was someone in the houses. A Patriot who wanted to kill the brits
My thought anyway
probably
May 14th, 2005  
Molly Pitcher

Or maybe it was just somebody who's fireplace got out of hand and yelled "Fire!" at a really, really bad time. :P
May 14th, 2005  
MontyB

Topic: Re: battle of lexington and concord

Quote:
Originally Posted by danthepirate
who fired the first shot at the battle of lexington and concord? the americans or the british? and why we may ask. The british were advancing to concord but the american minute men were in their way. Does this mean that the british fired the first shot? Or could the americans, with the taste of blood, ignored major pitcairn and fired on the brits any way? we may never know. what are you opinions?

I think I can help narrow the options down a little here, I can categorically say it wasn't me.