The Battle of Kurukshetra

Airborne

In both the Bhagavad Gita and the first canto of the Srimad Bhagavatam deals with the Battle of Kurukshetra... but beyond knowing this, I have very little knowledge about the what actually happened in the battle tactically. DOes anybody have any info?

Hard to find much on it cuz its all buried in the Hindu religion. There appears to have been a battle there, but what truly occurred there ... can't seem to find enough info to tell you. It was a turning point and apparently the phrase sees usage similar to "crossing the Rubicon". Not much else, but I'll keep looking.

Ya, it's like the most important battle in India history, and I can find nothing on it cept for the chitchat during the battle on yoga and the chase and wizcut after the battle.

Possibly not. I mean, theres no proof that it actually happened, apart from being the central theme of the mahabharata (which itself has been so embellished over the years that its likely that only the core of the story has some foundation in truth....or maybe not!!)

my point being that the battles of Panipat (1,2 and 3) were perhaps the most important in indian history....

Or maybe it was the battle of plassey that was the most important..

like all good questions...there is no one clear answer..

Back