Bathaan Memorial Death March

boris116

Has anybody participated in this March?
Is somebody considering participarion next year?
It would be great to team up!

I has run this marathon this year - it was AWESOME!!!

This march is commemorating the bravery and suffering of the American an Filippino POWs during the unfamous Bathaan Death March.

1900 of them were the New Mexico National Guardsmen. Only 900 of them cam back from that War... Now only 3 are alive...

This March is organized on premises of the White Sands Missile Range, near Las Cruces, NM.
26.2 miles in high desert in a company of Military and Civilian participants.
One can participate in light or heavy divisions. The "Heavies" must carry, at least, 35 lb. backpack

http://www.bataanmarch.com/

The best thing was to meet the fellow participants back in the city, recognizing each other by T-shirt and uneasy gait, as well as attention of all people met in Las Cruces and El Paso. It seemed, everybody there has been aware

My unit 152 LRSC (Abn.) always has at least 1 light team, usually we also field a heavy team with 35lb rucks. I was on our 08 heavy team we came in 3rd National Guard heavy. Last year our light team won and our heavy 2nd place. It is a great time, and an honor to be a part of. We are putting together our teams right now and should do well 2010.

Back