Basic Military Requirements - Page 2

--

March 5th, 2004  
TheSunsetSniper

They are shaped as the upper half of a human figure, so roughly the same size.
April 3rd, 2004  
sleepwalker

Topic: What is this test thing??

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckim715
I hit 37/40. damn, 1 away from expert
:?:
April 19th, 2004  
JaWBreaKer

Topic: RE:

So can anyone actually answer her original question? cuz id like ta know too.
--
May 14th, 2004  
Cloud253

Well, my brother is in the Army and his recruiter screwed him.
He didn't force him to go to the DEP meetings and didn't study.
I don't think Army even has a BMR because my brother didn't have to study crap.
He just went to Boot Camp and passed.
May 19th, 2004  
Devil_Dog17

To make it through MEPS for the marines you have to be able to do at least 3 pull-ups.
May 19th, 2004  
Snauhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil_Dog17
To make it through MEPS for the marines you have to be able to do at least 3 pull-ups.

OMG noone can do it j/k

is it so easy??
May 20th, 2004  
OpsSpec04

How true is that statement about pull ups? A few girls I met when I was at MEPS who were going to enlist in the Marines didn't say anything about doing pull ups. And we were together the whole time we were at MEPS....so I was just curious.
May 20th, 2004  
RnderSafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpsSpec04
How true is that statement about pull ups? A few girls I met when I was at MEPS who were going to enlist in the Marines didn't say anything about doing pull ups. And we were together the whole time we were at MEPS....so I was just curious.
Females do flexed-arm hang, males do pull-ups.
August 23rd, 2004  
lepricon

Topic: Your answer

No the Army doesn't have to deal with that. They aren't required to learn the history of the army. Basic has different training classes, military custom and respects. The Air Force does require you to know a good amount of it's history and back ground info to get promoted to SSgt. Hope that clears up some of it seeing as this seems to have turned into a marksmanship post.
August 24th, 2004  
Acerbus

Well, as far as BMRs to get into Basic in the Army, the physical standards go like this:

13 Push-ups in one minute
17 Sit-ups in one minute
1 mile in 8 minutes, 30 seconds

There's some basic drill, land nav and miltiary knowledge requirements before you're decided 'good to go,' but I haven't reached that point so I don't know what they do if you don't make it. Real simple stuff.

And for people in DEP under the Army, there's a correspondance course offered for DEP soldiers which will get you promoted up to PFC (E-3) from the start. The course is optional, and consists of land nav, combat lifesaving, effective writing and communication, and the like. I'm working on the land nav portion right now, and it's very in-depth. But that extra jump in pay (start out at $1,450 a month base pay versus $1,050-odd) is worth a little extra brain sweat for learning stuff you'll need to know in Basic anyways.

Hope this helped.