Basic day in Boot

Stafford911

Banned
Can someone describe a average day in boot camp or basic training. Doesnt matter which branch i just want a feel for what im up agaist. Please dont embelish or go easy. I want the facts. Thanks

It's probably changed in 20 years but

Marine Corps Recuirt Training

0430 Revillie
Get up get dressed in the most rapid manner you can while the DI stalks the squadbay yelling.Make your rack, square away your area and get on the road for chow.
0445 March to the chow hall.
0455 Attack the chow hall
0505 EAT When the guide is done you are done.
0515 or 0520 roughly March back to the barracks turn to on morning clean up. Pray you don't get drafted into the submarine service.
0620 DI TIME that can be anything your friendly DI wants to do. Weapons Maintaince, Uniform Maintaince, Knowledge etc..
0800 Knowledge Classes Close order Drill Etc.
1115 Chow
1145 DI Time
1300 Knowledge Classes/ Close order Drill
1400 Return to Barracks Change Over for PT.
1415 PT
1530 Return to barracks Change over/shower
1600 Chow
1620 DI Time
2000 Free Time In that you are free to write letters talk etc. However you still must shower shave and square away your uniform for the next day.
2100 Taps. Hit the Rack . Lights out . You may however catch firewatch.

But be advised that is a rough draft there is no such thing as a typical day.

im surprised you have pt at 1415... I haven't gone through basic yet (army), but was told that PT is at 0500. Interesting for you though... I think I would hate having PT in the middle of the day :?

Okay.
Basicly the DI's will yell and scream.

Normally they will Thrash the platoon at least once.

On average a DI will question the marital status of your parents at least twice a day.

Better Sooner :lol:

03USMC said:
Okay.
On average a DI will question the marital status of your parents at least twice a day.
:lol:

And your heterosexuality.....the size of your tool....etc, etc,etc....

Stafford, "Thrash" means exercise you until the DI gets tired of yelling, then do it some more.....so PT might be in the afternoon, but don't wory you will be nice and warmed up for it.

Sooners1 said:
:lol: :lol: I know I have said this several times already but, the good old days huh?

Yeah, just wait until he gets to Infantry Training and has to walk to that damn 4x4 in the ground with a lit stick on his webbing, then calmly stride back to the start before taking cover.....had to do it 3 times because we had this one fool that would bolt each time after taping his stick to the target....

Moooommmmy Hellllllllllp. For it go BOOOOOOOOOOOM. :camo:

Hope he remembers not to play with the "clacker" when he sets his Claymore :lol:

Back