Barrett Arms (Maker of the .50 Caliber Sniper Rifle) Told California to screw off.

Dude... did you just get a .458 SOCOM AR-15?

If so that must be one sweet little rifle...

There is also a fifty caliber AR-15

Mvc-002f.jpg

Mvc-001f.jpg

http://www.gunblast.com/50Beowulf.htm

It's someone else's. Remember guys, I'm not a permanent resident or citizen. It'd be illegal for me to own one. Maybe I can buy one through someone and have them hang onto it for me until I get my right to properly own it. You know, before they change the laws so that it becomes harder to purchase.
the .458 SOCOM AR-15 is topping my wishlist. I know about the .50 Beowulf but it seems there are more varieties of .458 rounds and apparently the rounds are more common as well.
Why don't you wisen me up? I have a friend who I could trust with such a request actually. Who knows, maybe something I'll look into when I go to the US in February.

The Other Guy

I disgree with you. a law abiding individual should be able to own whatever he, she or they, want, within reason. No 120 MM mortars if you get my drift. One of these days soon, you may be wishing for one of these rifles. The govt here is beginning to get fearful and who knows what these idiots will pull next. if you can afford the rifle, almost $11,000 and the ammo, why not? I have one!!

It's someone else's. Remember guys, I'm not a permanent resident or citizen. It'd be illegal for me to own one. Maybe I can buy one through someone and have them hang onto it for me until I get my right to properly own it. You know, before they change the laws so that it becomes harder to purchase.
I know of a British guy who was here temp, & was approved by ATF to buy an automatic weapon.

I agree, it's not about need. It's about my sovereign rights and what I want.

Although I think that private ownership of heavy artillery and Abrams would okay. Just like gun ownership is okay if the owner is properly trained and responsible.

I disgree with you. a law abiding individual should be able to own whatever he, she or they, want, within reason. No 120 MM mortars if you get my drift. One of these days soon, you may be wishing for one of these rifles. The govt here is beginning to get fearful and who knows what these idiots will pull next. if you can afford the rifle, almost $11,000 and the ammo, why not? I have one!!

Hardly. Let me put your mind at ease and save you $11000. If the government does become "fearful" this rifle in your hand wont do anything to stop it. The government will always have more guys, more money, more supplies and more firepower than whatever you could hope to imagine.

So don't kid yourself with the Red Dawn scenarios, that was fiction. To this day, in every scenario thats happened so far between armed survivalist/militia/etc groups and the US government its the US government that won.

You're right, it's actually legal as long as I can show proof of living here.
But it would bring about undue attention.
I think I'll just wait it out and rent from the range.

This type of nibbling process has been historically successful in civilian disarmament of other nations governed by totalitarian and other regimes less tolerant of individual rights than the United States .

This is where I stopped reading and stopped taking this guy serious. So most European countries must be either totalitarian or less tolerant because our government won't let citizens own home-artillery?
I still can't comprehend your fear of your own government... or why you would want to have so many guns in your house. But I reckon that must be me.

I can understand why you have something against wanting to own large caliber, high powered weaponry.

BTW, he never said anything about Europe.

I dont need a tank or a howitzer, I gotta motor mouth...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufDTDUPZrag"]YouTube - Don't need a gun when you have a Donk - Crocodile Dundee 2[/ame]

Lonnie Courtney Clay

BTW, he never said anything about Europe.

No, you're right. He did imply however, that government that were succesful at disarming their citizens (such as most European governments) are either:
a) totalitarian, or
b) less tolerant of individual rights.

Same old, same old of the people who think it is their given right to own a nuke, so they can defend anything they like.

Ted: Your right, but it isn't just you. Many europeans have a great deal of difficulty understanding the American mentality. Our country was not founded on trusting the government. One of our most famous founding fathers, Thomas Jefferson, put it into words when speaking of government, "eternal vigilance is the price of liberty." We Americans neither trust or rely on our government to serve our interests because we know that government is made up of human beings and humans thus government are corruptable. Most Americans believe we have way too much government now and we would like to reduce both the size and influence of our federal government. Of course, convincing the government to reduce its size and power is like trying to get a python to choke itself. So we remain defiant and suspicious of our government and jealously protective of our Constitutional rights. It's an American thing. We love our country, we distrust our government. To an American there is a big difference.

Last edited:
Back