Barbra boxer Tells Gen. Not to call her Ma'am. Tells him "adress me as senator"

Redcell

Barbra boxer Tells Gen. Not to call her Ma'am. Tells him "adress me as senator"

So this is BS and one of the reasons I hate my states Leadership. In the clip California Democratic Senator Barbara Boxer Tells Brigadier General Michael Walsh To Call Her Senator Not Ma'am. this is ridiculous. She hasnt done anything to earn the title.

Arrogance at its finest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wT9YA-xCihk

Just wondering what you guys think.:cen::cen::cen::cen::cen::cen:

Well I guess if she is a Senator then she has every right to be addressed by the title.

Not sure I see any problem so far.

Senatess???

Damned cocky tart, I'd start calling her "Hey you", unless of course I had some real reason to give her some respect. (Or I wanted something from her:))

Ma'am is deemed good enough for the Queen of England, by herself, so it's certainly good enough for Barbra Boxer.

Last edited:
A. She is a Senator.
B. It was during a Senate hearing not in private and is considered the proper address.
C. She earned the right to be addressed as Senator by being elected.
D. She did not need to big a speech about it. (Remember she is a politician and that's what they do).
E. I vote against her each time she runs for election.

"Then we have the right to call people what we want too." quote13th Redneck

No, we don't have that right. You would know that if you ever read this forums rules.:smile:

Way to take it out of context again Chupike. It was a response to "we can be called whatever we want."

I find it weird she found "Ma'am" offensive. I think she nitpicking about the unimportant stuff just to try to make the General feel uncomfortable and get the idea that she is not a fan of either him, the military or both. Kind of like what you enjoy doing Chupike.

Here's the deal. The General was using a proper military protocol in addressing Boxer as Ma'am. It was the same as if he had been addressing his superior officer as Sir or ma'am. That's how it's done, believe it or not in the military some officers get testy when addressed as General, Colonel, Major or Captain and especially Lieutenant by persons below their paygrade. The wanna be Sirred and Ma'amed and three bags fulled.

So Boxer was being a bit......, witch and doesn't understand that it wasn't a slight at her ohhhhhhh soooooo lofty position.

A. She is a Senator.
B. It was during a Senate hearing not in private and is considered the proper address.
C. She earned the right to be addressed as Senator by being elected.
D. She did not need to big a speech about it. (Remember she is a politician and that's what they do).
E. I vote against her each time she runs for election.

I agree she may have been a bit dramatic about it but that's what politicians do, in the end when on home turf she can choose what ever title she is qualified to use.

Way to take it out of context again Chupike. It was a response to "we can be called whatever we want."

I find it weird she found "Ma'am" offensive. I think she nitpicking about the unimportant stuff just to try to make the General feel uncomfortable and get the idea that she is not a fan of either him, the military or both. Kind of like what you enjoy doing Chupike.
You got the "guts" of it straight up. It was a typical politicians "oneupsmanship" game.

10/10

Last edited:
Here's the deal. The General was using a proper military protocol in addressing Boxer as Ma'am. It was the same as if he had been addressing his superior officer as Sir or ma'am. That's how it's done, believe it or not in the military some officers get testy when addressed as General, Colonel, Major or Captain and especially Lieutenant by persons below their paygrade. The wanna be Sirred and Ma'amed and three bags fulled.

So Boxer was being a bit......, witch and doesn't understand that it wasn't a slight at her ohhhhhhh soooooo lofty position.

+1

Her excuse of saying that she earned that position.... please.... she's a lying political hack.... Last time I checked she didn't rise through the chain of command in the armed forces, serve her nation in combat environments, and face certain death.

I don't like her and I think she was being 110% female k9..... She's been trying to strip the citizenry of California and the USA of our Constitutional Rights. She can FOAD for all I care.... a pox on her.

+1

Her excuse of saying that she earned that position.... please.... she's a lying political hack.... Last time I checked she didn't rise through the chain of command in the armed forces, serve her nation in combat environments, and face certain death.

I don't like her and I think she was being 110% female k9..... She's been trying to strip the citizenry of California and the USA of our Constitutional Rights. She can FOAD for all I care.... a pox on her.
She earned the position. The American people voted for her, didn't they? She may not be serving her nation in a combat environment, but she is still serving her nation.

If she wants to be called Senator, by all means I'll do it.

Go look at the video. The point is she just said it to be a real b1tch.
Not saying she's not a Senator but seriously...

No argument there. But I don't think that's what the thread was really about. I guess some folks just got a little too angry about it.

Back