Barbra boxer Tells Gen. Not to call her Ma'am. Tells him "adress me as senator"

I think we can all agree that the Senator went about her request for being addressed properly the wrong way. But I also think we can agree that she was within her rights to request that she be addressed that way. I highly doubt the General in question was really THAT perturbed... I mean, if he WAS shaken by it, I don't know if I want him leading the only thing protecting me from the rubbish of the world... (Don't take that the wrong way, I'm just using it to further illustrate he WASN'T shaken by it.)

Monty, if you really didn't care like you say you don't, then you wouldn't have replied and this topic would have been dead a long time ago.

Monty, if you really didn't care like you say you don't, then you wouldn't have replied and this topic would have been dead a long time ago.

Well that could be applied to any thread but if it was the true these forums would still be cluttered with the inane ramblings of P80 and his ilk.

Besides it intrigues me that in a thread where everyone agrees that the senator was bitchy but within her rights has still managed to leap off topic and turn into a pissing match.

What a pity the General didnt come back with something along the lines of, "Certainly Senator, you however, can address me as god."

I wonder what Winston Churchill would have come back at her with

LOL. I dont see much of an issue with the request itself. A General is usually called General X by others. A Senator is called Senator X. Insisting about is silly but oh well..In Israel he probably would have called her Darling...:)

LOL. I dont see much of an issue with the request itself. A General is usually called General X by others. A Senator is called Senator X. Insisting about is silly but oh well..In Israel he probably would have called her Darling...:)

And if she had any brains she would have lapped it up.:smile:

I think the general was being exceptionally polite. Me....
"General Hmmm, please do not call me ma'am. Call me senator. I worked hard to earn that title."
"Really? I had no idea you lawfully earned a damn thing in your entire political life, deleted."

Last edited:
Earned,.... surely you jest??? Senators are only politicians. One only has to be a better liar and have no detectable moral backbone to get into politics.

I agree, and to tell you the truth, The majority of my town, In which I know Several Hundred people, who in turn know several hundred more all agree she sucks at her job. in fact I belive the majority of the city belives she sucks at her job.

She has done NOTHING to improve California.

I remember this kid in college who's goal was to become the President of the United States. He had all these books about the Presidency and about becoming the President and had the biographies of several.
Possibly the lowest form of life on earth.

I remember this kid in college who's goal was to become the President of the United States. He had all these books about the Presidency and about becoming the President and had the biographies of several.
Possibly the lowest form of life on earth.

HA! I knew someone like that in College too. We had a few laughs at his expense in PolSci class...

Boy that takes me back...

Last edited:
Back