Barbecue. . . and other Easter activities . .

Marinerhodes

Barbecue at my house today at or around 1600EST. All are welcome to attend. Send advance word if you plan to attend so that I can make sure of having enough for everyone!!

Hehe If only it were that simple eh?

What are your plans for today?

What? No pick-up game of "touch" football or softball? Geez. And no one is going to come since you didn't put anything about "free beer" in the invite.

We're still TDY so most likely we'll do exactly what we're doing right now, sit on our butts and do paper work, equpitment checks, etc. I've gotta be a good Catholic and attend Mass at some point or I'll never hear the end of it from my Mom.

Whatcha havin', btw?

It was a quiet Easter overhere. My parents are abroad, my one brother lives abroad permanently, the other busy with his own family. No girlfriend to spend the day with, so it was practice for my tournament coming up in about 10 months.... Oh yeah and I cleaned up my back yard and my two cats helped out!

ps. Next time invited people in advance so I have time to arrange a ticket :)

5.56X45mm said:
Well me and my Father are watching all of the Dirty Harry Movies being shown on USA Network.

"I know what you're thinking, did he fire 5 shots, or 6." *forget part of quote* "so i guess it boils down to, are you feelin lucky today"

Um Ted you realize easter is a christian holiday right, shouldnt you be working on getting them banned :).

Anyway I went to my aunts and had a big family dinner little make-shift shooting competetion by a little I mean around 750 rounds through out the day.

Easter in China is an oxymoron though there still is a psuedo-mass at the state sanctioned church. I figure God knows my heart.

Hahahaha Rabs, you say I can't work on a holy day and you get to fire of 750 rounds? Besides I am protestant so let those papists do their funny things, I'll still go to heaven:)!!

I think I will be going to PA to visit the inlaws unless the Army throws me a curve ball...

I think I will make it a point to resurrect very old threads :viking:

Happy Easter 2010 :lol: what's goin on over yonder? here, the usual, trail of chocolates and a basket for my sons? for me, enjoy the smiles on their face. :thumb:

Well, considering this post started in 2006, when I was actually active....

We go to church. Twice. Sunrise Service, breakfast, then actual Easter.

My mom's side of the family is huge, but we love each other so we get together at my [grandparents] house and eat lunch: BBQ & various other spring foods. The adults drink beer, the kids drink the most delicious sweet tea ever. My mom is in charge of an Easter Egg Hunt & we break open a huge pinata.

Later that day we go to my other grandparents house and eat dinner. Then I used to drive back to school.

It's pretty exciting.

Back