Barack Obama Wins Nobel Peace Prize

Didn't the West always oppose a barrier? this is merely re-stating what all Western politicians wanted.
Yeah, pretty much. He was just the guy who said it in front of a podium.
Reagan basically ended the Cold War by out spending the Russians & bankrupting them.
He bankrupted them with military spending. That doesn't exactly promote peace, does it?
Sounds like leftist propaganda.
If this was the first and not the 15,000th time you've said this I'd be more tempted to devise an argument against your points.
I heard they're going to award Obama the World Series MVP 2 weeks before the Series begins :-D
And the opposite side will be upset that A-Rod doesn't win because, despite batting .162 in the series, he gave a good speech in the locker room. :roll:

No Rob that is not what mmarsh said. Here is what he said verbatim:

"In Obama's case it was due to his work on reducing nuclear weapons and a lessening of hostilities between the US and the rest of the world. Both of which are true." quote mmarsh

Does not say his dialog, does not say he was working on it.
A statement based on what he did prior to receiving the award.
Actually... He DID say "he was working on it"... Right here "due to his WORK on reducing nuclear weapons"
Dialogue falls under the category of "work.". . . . At least according to the Nobel Committee.

What has he done to lessen hostilities? Currently looking like he will increase further, beyond what he has all ready done in Afghanistan.
What Obama has done to decrease hostilities has already been discussed in this topic, go back and read it again.
mmarsh simply made a completely untrue statement, and no matter how much you stick up and try and cover up for him, that is not going to change.

Quite simply, President Obama may well during his Presidency accomplish things he will be proud of. Do not believe he thinks this was warranted by his own statements to the press.
You are right about one thing... I don't believe it was warranted personally, but someone thought he was... And the Nobel Committee agreed with them... Regardless of how you, I, or even the President himself feels about it, it's not our decision... It's the committee's choice, and they chose Obama. So we might as well be happy for him, instead of ALWAYS CONSTANTLY CONDEMNING him.

Actually... He DID say "he was working on it"... Right here "due to his WORK on reducing nuclear weapons"
Dialogue falls under the category of "work.". . . . At least according to the Nobel Committee.

What Obama has done to decrease hostilities has already been discussed in this topic, go back and read it again.
You are right about one thing... I don't believe it was warranted personally, but someone thought he was... And the Nobel Committee agreed with them... Regardless of how you, I, or even the President himself feels about it, it's not our decision... It's the committee's choice, and they chose Obama. So we might as well be happy for him, instead of ALWAYS CONSTANTLY CONDEMNING him.

Really a waste of time as mmarsh will not defend his own position.

Just out of curiosity, where do you see me condemning President Obama?

Just like the rest of your post, BS.

Obama reducing conflict, BS.
Agreements for withdrawal from Iraq all ready negotiated before he became President. Only thing he promised regarding troops was to increase strength in Afghanistan. Where has he made any reduction in conflicts? There is still conflict in Iraq.
President Obama does not claim he has accomplished any of these things.

You TOG and mmarsh have all figured out for him, how he has "talked" about doing these things.

As far as TOG is concerned talk did not qualify President Reagan, but apparently it is good enough for President Obama.
"Yeah, pretty much. He was just the guy who said it in front of a podium."
quote TOG referring to President Reagan's Berlin Wall speech.

If this was the first and not the 15,000th time you've said this I'd be more tempted to devise an argument against your points.

Number of posts I have made 775.

15,000 -775= 14,275

Apparently a slight exaggeration? You would be hard pressed to find where I ever made the statement before.
And the opposite side will be upset that A-Rod doesn't win because, despite batting .162 in the series, he gave a good speech in the locker room. :roll:

Even have this wrong as the MVP usually comes from the winning team and it won't be the Yankees.:)

He bankrupted us too, took us until the late 1990's years to pay off the deficiets he spent on defense. The Soviet Union was doomed much before Reagan took Office, and yes Regean played a part but it would have collapsed anyway -it just happened to do so under Reagan. Nobody but the GOP actually believes the myth that Lord Ronnie wielding Excalibur single-handedly slew the Soviet Dragon..while suffering from Alzhiemers no less.

Your second sentence doesnt make any sense.
the economy grew quite nicley well into the Bush 2 Admin, so it doesn't look like Reagan's defence budhet bankrupted us.
2nd Sentence..you're right, I should have said 10 earned them & 1 was given one.

Really a waste of time as mmarsh will not defend his own position.
Probably because he has better things to do with his time than argue over something that doesn't matter anyway.
Just out of curiosity, where do you see me condemning President Obama?

Just like the rest of your post, BS.
You've been against him from day one, just like the rest of the conservative bunch on this forum. No one has said "I don't agree with his policies, but I'll see what happens with the country before I make my judgement on his presidency." It's all been "America's going to go to hell now that a Democrat's in office" and the like.
Obama reducing conflict, BS.
Agreements for withdrawal from Iraq all ready negotiated before he became President. Only thing he promised regarding troops was to increase strength in Afghanistan. Where has he made any reduction in conflicts? There is still conflict in Iraq.
President Obama does not claim he has accomplished any of these things.
Well, for one thing, he seems to have quieted the Russians, who were getting slightly out of hand earlier in the year, if you remember... That whole Georgia thing... Russian President even congratulated Obama on winning the prize.

You see. Chukpike, just because he isn't pulling all the troops out and throwing up the double-deuces (that's the two peace signs Nixon always used to use, FYI) doesn't mean he isn't working tirelessly to END what wars we're in. I can't think of an individual right now that would PREFER to be at war... Except for those who favor "blowin' me up summa them there ragheads." :roll:
TOG and mmarsh have all figured out for him, how he has "talked" about doing these things.
And... How long has he been in office? It takes a lot longer to END a war than it does to start one. Like I said... You don't give him any slack, any breathing room... If he's not 100% perfect, you crawl his ass.
As far as TOG is concerned talk did not qualify President Reagan, but apparently it is good enough for President Obama.
"Yeah, pretty much. He was just the guy who said it in front of a podium."
quote TOG referring to President Reagan's Berlin Wall speech.
Well, I can't speak for TOG, but I personally felt that Ronald Reagan DID deserve a Nobel Peace Prize, but it's not anyone's decision to make other than the Nobel committee.

And George... We can thank President Clinton for that booming economy.

Clinton read the Polls & adopted the agenda of the Republicans who had taken over Congress. Before that he said "200 bil $ deficits as far as the eye can see".. Actually that doesn't sound all that bad these days....

Back