Banning Soda and Junk food at Schools - Page 2

View Poll Results :should we ban soda and junkfood from schools?
yes 10 45.45%
no 9 40.91%
not sure 0 0%
who cares 3 13.64%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

--
Boots

May 28th, 2005  
hicks

Oh yeah....
May 29th, 2005  
cpl_clarke

I think that junk food and soda should not be banned from schools. The students should get to choose to have a healthy lifestyle not be forced to. And do they think that if they ban that stuff its gonna make the kids more fit? Probably not. Instead they'll come to school with other sweet and fatty foods. I say if they want to make the students healthy, gym 3 times a day!
May 29th, 2005  
Duty Honor Country

I find myself on the side of banning soda and junk food from schools. I have been in some school lunches where papa john's, McDonalds and KFC are actually in the damn schools. You cannot seriously say those establishments are healthy. As the picture states above (I really got a kick out of it 8) ), there is a problem with American kids being thick and chunky. Cutting out the large amounts of sugar and fried food that are served at school lunches is one step in the right direction.
--
Boots
May 29th, 2005  
MontyB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doody
I find myself on the side of banning soda and junk food from schools. I have been in some school lunches where papa john's, McDonalds and KFC are actually in the damn schools. You cannot seriously say those establishments are healthy. As the picture states above (I really got a kick out of it 8) ), there is a problem with American kids being thick and chunky. Cutting out the large amounts of sugar and fried food that are served at school lunches is one step in the right direction.
I dont agree in most cases obesity is caused by lack of activity not what you eat. I personally think this is an area of parental responsibility and not a job for schools.

How about banning PS2's and Xboxs as I think they are just as responsible for weight gain as McDonalds and KFC.
May 29th, 2005  
C/2nd Lt Robot

There are soda machines at school? Every school I've gone to they haven't had soda and junk food machines.
May 29th, 2005  
hicks

My sophmore year in high school, they signed a contract with Pepsi and they placed about 10 bottle machines throughout the school. The school got to keep 25 cents for every bottle, plus Pepsi gave us a new scoreboard for our football and basketball team.

The junk food though, we didn't have machines, but during lunch you could buy it from the school store.
May 29th, 2005  
FutureDevilDog

I voted "no" because I always buy junkfood and always ask the lunch lady for extra fries and I weigh 110 lbs Anyway I think PS2s and XBOXs are just as much at fault as Taco Bell and Mcdonalds. I think junk food is ok if you don't eat it every meal.
May 29th, 2005  
rotc boy

only 110?!
im 155 dude....
most of its muscle though, its all about evening the food out with exercise
May 29th, 2005  
FutureDevilDog

well I'm only 14 I'm 5'6 114 lbs (I weighed my self again) so ya you could say I'm pretty small
May 29th, 2005  
cpl_clarke

Ya im a small guy too. 14, 100 lbs. But i am a pretty damn fit guy considering. And i eat a lot of junk. Its all about your exercise. Most of your time is spent out of school. So out of school is when youll most likely get your junk. Taking away the students pop and chips wont make a diff. And its a nice treat after youve worked your ass off all day. If they really wanna push forward with this ban though maybe they should just take it to a lower degree. Instead of putting in a dollar to get your junk, you should need tokens. You should go to the office, trade your money for tokens and sign your name. And you can oly use so many tokens per week. Then they can control the amount of sugar intake instead of trying to eliminate it completely. I hope this makes sense. Im really tired and i cant put words together to well if i havnt rested in awhile. sorry.