Banned List

godofthunder9010

I think it might be useful to have something that hangs onto the list of everyone who has been permanently banned, at least within the last 30 days.

I thought there was something at one time. I second this, I was about to big time flame someone today, then realized they had been banned and it wasn't necessary.

I promise I was going to nicely flame them. They would just be sunburnt, I would leave the roasting to others.

Yeah, that's exactly why I think we should have it a banned list. So people can just calm down and relax cuz they know the agitator is gone bye bye.

It's already on my to-do list, so I hope to get it installed this week, along with a new temporary ban feature. :)

Nice old Redleg. Fixing all our issues. :) (And as soon as I get 10 millibucks I'm gonna win another trophy. :p)

Sort of silly to have a banned list and ban people....they just come back as someone else with a different e-mail addie and IP.

Mostly its just to stop people from responding to the post + behavior that said person was banned for and trying to throw it back in their face. If you know who has been banned, then you know that they can't respond to you.

If the person is back and pretending to be another person, they aren't going let everyone know it. So once again, its impossible to pick up on the same track.

Then in the user dtat area where there name is, just put banned...whos going to look up a list against users on the board.

Again sort of silly...if the user is banned, delete the account or lock it and have it show up in the user info area to the left of every one of their posts.

godofthunder9010 said:
Mostly its just to stop people from responding to the post + behavior that said person was banned for and trying to throw it back in their face. If you know who has been banned, then you know that they can't respond to you.

If the person is back and pretending to be another person, they aren't going let everyone know it. So once again, its impossible to pick up on the same track.

Yeah, that's probably the best way, but its not being done ATM. Also, just one of those FYI things. Another thought: If someone had been offended by PersonX and has left the forum because of them, it would offer a quick and easy way to tell if said PersonX has been banned.

Yeah that's a good idea...

godofthunder9010 said:
Yeah, that's probably the best way, but its not being done ATM. Also, just one of those FYI things. Another thought: If someone had been offended by PersonX and has left the forum because of them, it would offer a quick and easy way to tell if said PersonX has been banned.

The banned member list will only be available to the moderators, but the banned members will get a "banned" or "temporary banned" rank/title image.

SOT_II said:
Sort of silly to have a banned list and ban people....they just come back as someone else with a different e-mail addie and IP.

Its difficult for one to totally change their style, especially if theyre sneaking around.

As long as the banned user "changes" his personality, and joins again with a different IP and username, it's really no problem IMO...
As long as that "new" user follows the rules.

But if he joins again just to create trouble then there are other ways we can find out who he/she is, and take appropriate actions.

All IPs for each post are also logged and banned, so he can never use the computer(s) again that he used with his/hers banned account.

Back