Band Of Brothers

Norwegian Viking

I'm pretty sure most of you have seen this.

But I gotta say, I LOVE that series. It's the best ever imo.

I'ts fantastic how they really show that "bond" the soldiers in WW2 got.
It is a huge inspiration to me.

Veterans from World War 2 are the people I admire and respect the most.

They try not to soil the WWII generation. That would land them on everyone's **** list.

Actually the DOD loves Hollywood. They have always rolled out the red carpet for them.

Its simply great PR for them.

Even if the film is critical to the Army such as Jack Nicholsons character in 'A few Good men" there is always a underlying pro-military theme to it.

The DoD doesn't really love Hollywood. They just realize it's something they have to tap dance with in order for Hollywood to not destroy their image completely.
It's like the Government and the Press. With all the press rooms set up and all one would think that the Government loves the Press. It doesn't. It needs to do this to prevent the Press from destroying its image completely.
You got to realize just because two people dance, it doesn't mean they're getting into bed at the end of the night.

I agree a lot with whats been posted so far, it truly is a masterpiece and a work of art. I love the series and wish I had the time and patience to read the book but an army friend of mine has seen both and rated the book slightly better than the movie of course because it goes into more gritty details and is the basis of the series.

Back