Band of Brothers Quotes

D_Plus_One

SOBEL: How do intend to kill Germans with a rusty bayonet? Revoked.

TOYE: Hitler gets one of these across the windpipe (brandished knife), Roosevelt changes Thanksgiving to Joe Toye day and pays me $10000 a year for the rest of my life.

TOYE: What does a guy have to do to get killed around here. (By this time he had had two grenades go off in close proximity to him and his leg blown off by a mortar)

WINTERS: There's a German general at the airfield who has a problem surrendering to Pvt. Babe Heffron from South Philly. I think 1st Lt. Carwood Lipton would suit him better.

WINTERS: (gestures towards Nixon's flask) What are you going to do about that when we get in combat.
NIXON: I have faith in my scrounging abilities, but just in case I hid a case of Labatt 67 in your footlocker.

That is one of the best productions ever.

I dont remmember which of the characters said it but when a GI retreating from the battle of the buldge told them they are probably going to be surounded one of the man said-
"It's allright we are paratroopers, we are soppused to be surounded"

Another good quote is, where they are taking the bread from the baker and hes yelling at them in german (god knows what he was saying) and one of the guy's keeps yelling shut up shut up and he pulls out a pistol and puts it to the bakers neck and says shut up you nazi! and the baker says im not a nazi in german, and the soldier goes ok then what about a human being are you one of those or did you not smell that smell!

i dont remember how it goes, but is sometyhing speirs said, about death, like

when u accept the fact that ur dead, u be able to function as a soldier

something like that

i found it: the only hope you have is to accept the fact that your already dead, the sooner you accept that , the sooner you'll be able to function as a soldier supose to function without mercy, without compassion. without remorse. all war depends on it

In Bastogne - Episode 6 when Medic Eugene Roe asked Joe Toye what size his boots were (they had been blown off with a direct hit from artillery) and Joe Toye replied "Size 9. Just like everybody else." In the Battle of hte Bulge many were pushing on trenchfoot and frostbite, and didn't even have the right size boots.

Also,
LT. Norman Dike: (After being shelled, and possibly awaiting an arrival of Germans, the Company C-O says) "1st Sgt Lipton... you get things organized here, I'm gonna go for help."
This shows how terrible their C-O was at the time, and the Sarge's look on his face after being given his order.

My favorite is after Easy gets done watching the video about the War in the Pacific. Winters tells the other officers that he wants rifle ranges set up, close quarter drills, and most of all physical work outs. And as he is walking away Nixion is like "they are going to love you"

Or when Lt. Spears cracks that guy with his pistol "When you talk to an officer you say sir"

I dont know the exact wording but it is somewhere along these lines:

To Winters: Permission to speak sir

Winters: Go ahead

To Winters: Sir we have # companys here sir

Winters: Yes we do

To Winters: Why is it easy company is the only company that marches # miles in the pitch black

Winters: Why do you think _________

To Winters: Cuz Soeble hates us sir

Winters: Soeble does not hate easy company, he just hates you.

The night was filled with dark and cold,
When Sergeant Talbot the story is told,
Pulled out his poncho and headed out,
To check the lines dressed like a Krout,

Upon a trooper our hero came,
Fast asleep he called his name,
Smith! O Smith! get up it's time
To take your turn on the line,

And Private Smith so very weary
Craked upon a eyelid red and bleary,
grabbed his rifle he did not tarry,
Hearing Floyd but seing Jerry,

DONT cried Tab, It's me and yet
Smith charged to sweet, with his bayonet
He lunged and thrust both hight and low,
And skewered the boy from Kokomo

And as they carried him away
Our punctured hero was heard to say,
When in this war you venture out,
Best never do it dressed as a Krout!

-Night Of the Bayonet

haha i love this series too! me and my buddies watched 8 hours in one go...we were done the following day :lol:

thanks, Daley

A medic and a private who was wounded at the battle of Bastogne in the middle of a gun fight.

"They've got us surrounded!" The Private shouts.

"Yeah the poor bastards" The medic replied with a grin.

:rambo: :rambo: :rambo:

A few..

"Captain Sobel, you salute the rank, not the man" -Winters

"From this day to the ending of the world we in it shall be remembered. We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother." -Lipton quoting Shakespeare

"I've already seen the States, I grew up there. That's why I came to Europe, just wish they told me a war was going on." -Nixon

"That's right, you stupid Kraut bastards. That's right. Say hello to Ford, and General f__kin' Motors. You stupid fascist pigs. Look at you. You have horses. What were you thinking? Dragging our asses half way around the world, interrupting our lives. For what, you ignorant, servile scum. What the f__k are we doing here?" -Webster

"Do you know why no one remembers your name? Its cause no one wants to remember your name! There are too many Smiths, Dimattos, and O'Keefes and O'Briens who show up here replacing Toccoa men that you dumb replacements got killed in the first place. And they're all like you. They're all piss and vinegar. "Where the Krauts at? Let me at 'em. When do I get to jump into Berlin?" Two days later there they are with their blood and guts hanging out. Screaming for a medic, begging for their goddamn mother. You dumb kids don't even know you're dead yet. Hey, you listening to me? Don't you know this is the best part of frickin' war I've seen? I've got hot chow, hot showers, a warm bed. The way I see it, Germany is almost as good as being home. I even got to wipe my ass with real toilet paper today. So quit asking when you're gonna see some action, will ya? And stop with the frickin' love songs! " -Perconte

and finally..

"I thought it might be you. I heard reports about a red headed eskimo. Thought I'd check it out." -Nixon to Winters

C/CPO, that convo takes place between Winters and Bull Randelman :D

"Anyone care for a ciggerette?"
-Spiers, to Christianson in Bastonge

"In that town their are these guys, and these guys are called Germans. And these Germans got tanks. And guess who there gonna send to go knocking on the goddamn door"
-Wild Bill

"Where's Dike"
-The entire E/506th

Cpt. Nixon after getting the furlough back home:
"I don't need this, remember I've seen the United States, that's why I came to Europe, I just wish they would have told me a war was going on."

hey
i like it when joe toye is being interviewed -
"How do I feel about being rescued by Patton? Well id feel pretty peachy bout it if it wasnt for one thing...We didnt need to be ****ing rescued by patton. u got that?!"

i also think its really moving when i think its babe is really down about that they had to leave julian behind and lipton says to him "its ok" and he goes "no its not ok. its not ok.... we shoulda got to him."

when nixon and winters are riding in a truck after nix has found about that his gf/wife is leaving him -
winters turns and says: "you ok nix?"
nixon: "yeah Im fine!"
pause as winters turns back.
nixon: she hated that dog!!

i love the whole series its amazing the acting is superb and the script is amazing, its all so moving its just unreal. it really really really makes me think. i cant imagine what those people went through.
oh yeah and i like
"whos he tlaking to telling us not to do something stupid. a bunch of gus who jumped out of a perfectly good areoplane. can u get anymore stupid than that?"
"i swam across the niagra once."
"yup."
"no i did"
"what in a barrel?!"

and the whole section where liebgott is translating the german generals speech to his men. its very moving.

Speirs to blithe: "The only hope you have is to accept the fact that you're already dead. And the sooner you accept that, the sooner you'll be able to function as a soldier is supposed to function. Without mercy. Without compassion. Without remorse. All war depends on it."

"Shes taking the dog? It's not even her dog!"-Cpt. Nixon

"War is hell."-Lt. Welsh

"Remember boys, flies spread disease, so keep yours closed."-Luz

"Actually, it's Babe's seat. Private Heffron's."-Pvt. Hashey
"Is that right? I don't care if it's f_ckin' Eisenhower's."-Wild Bill Guarnere

"We've got a C.O. with his head so far up his f_ckin ass, that lump in his throat is his goddamn nose."-Wild Bill

"Goddamn, I miss those C-47s."-Wild Bill
"We've got ourselves a tailgate jump."-Talbert (on the way to Bastogne)

"I didn't mean to f_ck up, Sir!"-Popeye

"He's telling me they're Polish."-Webster
"There aint no Poles in the SS!"-Martin

"Now you fire up 2nd Battalion and outflank that French son of a *****."-Col. Sink

"You're alright Lip, everything is right where it should be."-Talbert (after Lipton gets hit by shrapnel near the groin in Carentan)

"Oh, and Sergeant, I'm not a quaker."-Winters

"Blithe, go tell the Lieutenant we found F Company while I figure out where the rest of these yokels are at."-Hoobler
"Who y'all callin' a yokel?"-F Company soldier

"What's that guy's problem?"-Hall
"Gonorrhea."-Malarkey
"Really?"-Hall
"Guarnere, Gonorrhea. Get it?"-Malarkey
"So besides having a shitty name, what's his problem?"-Hall
"None of your f_ckin business, Cowboy!"-Wild Bill

That's all I got for now..

Back