Band of brothers 2.

EagleHammer

Hi, i have heard that there will be a bob 2, is there any truth to that? And if so when.?

Thank you for any answers.

well, in all honesty its hard to make a min-series about the 101st in WW2 with out showing them fighting germans.
HeHe I think you got me wrong, just meant that I'd like it for a change- ww2 without Americans shoting Germans (all the time). I loved Band of Brothers, first series where I could feel with the soldier- I'd like a bob 2 from a german viewpoint i.e. an infantry regiment which faught from 39 until 45, would be more interesting than the U.S. perspective against the japanese (to my mind), but still i think it will be great. Best series/ movie from the german viewpoint over a longer period of time is 08/15 and it is very old (1954). I'd totally enjoy a new series in 08/15 style.

Last edited:
Yeah it would be a very diffucult task to shoot a series about an ss-unit without making it a fan-movie for neo-nazis, but evil has its weird fascinating place in hollywood.

I'm curious if bob 2 will top letters from iwo jima (my favorite ww2 jap. movie)

HBO has been outstanding in their historic productions...I expect the same will apply to their Pacific War production
True, i totally enjoyed Rome and John Adams. As for i study history i think i may say that these are amongst the best recent reproductions of history.
My focus of study is antique history and after all i learned i personally think the reproduction in Rome is outstanding.
I liked operation Kill as well but i don't know how realistic it is.

True, i totally enjoyed Rome and John Adams. As for i study history i think i may say that these are amongst the best recent reproductions of history.
My focus of study is antique history and after all i learned i personally think the reproduction in Rome is outstanding.
I liked operation Kill as well but i don't know how realistic it is.

Operation Kill? You mean, Generation Kill?

HeHe I think you got me wrong, just meant that I'd like it for a change- ww2 without Americans shoting Germans (all the time). I loved Band of Brothers, first series where I could feel with the soldier- I'd like a bob 2 from a german viewpoint i.e. an infantry regiment which faught from 39 until 45, would be more interesting than the U.S. perspective against the japanese (to my mind), but still i think it will be great. Best series/ movie from the german viewpoint over a longer period of time is 08/15 and it is very old (1954). I'd totally enjoy a new series in 08/15 style.
I would enjoy to see a movie like that. Or even just about a single person. Maybe a person who had family on both sides of the Polish Border, say.
It would be interesting as long as it wasn't some SS unit.
But a whole sale slaughter of IJA works for me too.
Agree with part two. Even after watching Letters from Iwo Jima, I don't feel the least bit sorry for firebombing them or nuking them or anything. But the first part? Maybe from the point of view of one of Hitler's personal guards, starting in 1944, when the Allies start taking back France.

Perhaps TOG... how one person buys into the Nazi ideology wholeheartedly, is in power for most of the stuff, is an SS unit and doesn't get decimated at Stalingrad and with the end of the war and the fall of the Reich finds himself having to pretend that he was against the whole Nazi thing in the first place.
I could see how a Korean version of that would never get off the ground. Basically just regular old Korean people trying to get on with life during the Japanese colonization period, independence coming and all of a sudden having to pretend like they were fierce patriots who hated the Japanese all along. Although interesting and close to the truth, it would never gain following here.
I guess everyone is the same in some ways.

I'm curious if bob 2 will top letters from iwo jima (my favorite ww2 jap. movie)

No way.. Tora, Tora, Tora... by far the best WW2 pacific movie.... with Midway a close second. Best thing about those movies is you had actual players in the history involved in the production of those movies.

Yes Tora Tora tora, BOB, and Das Boot are the all-time best war movies. Midway..(cringes).

ObjSRgtLw

Suggest you see 1977's hit "Cross of Iron" with James Coburn (rest of actors are German). Its about a German Wehrmacht Platoon on the East Front.

That probably only worked because they were a punishment platoon, and thereby the good guys or as close to it in the German army.

I think the subject is to delicate in Germany plus i wonder if they would spend enough money on a mini-series like that, but i could be wrong.

If you mean the Americans would do it then i don't think it would happen.
Meanly because and i mean no offense, the Americans are to patriotic in their movies and want their soldiers to win fantastic battles and if you think I'm wrong just watch independence day. The greatest war movie ever.:).

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember when my dad took me to see Das Boot when it came out here in the states with German subtitles. I was just a young buck back then. What a powerful movie.

Back