Band of brothers 2.

Eaglehammer, that usually applies to a lot of people, but no, I think quite a few people were critical about Independence Day. And it wasn't a war movie. And far from the greatest ever.
Cross of Iron was okay. Didn't think it was that great at all despite all the hype. I thought the best movie about Germans in the Eastern front was Stalingrad.

The Independence thing was a joke. Anyway, i agree about the movie's you mentioned, but i also liked the movie from Sven Hassels book, i forgot it's name.

HBO has been outstanding in their historic productions...I expect the same will apply to their Pacific War production

Totally agree mate :D BoB was incredible, as was Rome and Deadwood, haven't seen John Adams though, (it's on tele downunder, I just haven't tuned into it)

As for this Pacific, well, as long as they focus on the realism and historical detail, I guess it would be alright......... Kinda prefer if they did a series on 39th Battalion though and their engagement with the Japs across the Kokoda track, which held up the japs sufficiently, that they never recovered their momentum southwards and ultimately enabled the allies to regroup and take the offensive.................

I remember when my dad took me to see Das Boot when it came out here in the states with German subtitles. I was just a young buck back then. What a powerful movie.

You should see it once in German with English subtitles. I dont speak German but its really powerful when you see a movie, espicially a war movie spoken in the language it was filmed in.

I think thats why I enjoyed "Letters from Iwo jima" so much as it was almost entirely in Japanese.

Totally agree mate :D BoB was incredible, as was Rome and Deadwood, haven't seen John Adams though, (it's on tele downunder, I just haven't tuned into it)

As for this Pacific, well, as long as they focus on the realism and historical detail, I guess it would be alright......... Kinda prefer if they did a series on 39th Battalion though and their engagement with the Japs across the Kokoda track, which held up the japs sufficiently, that they never recovered their momentum southwards and ultimately enabled the allies to regroup and take the offensive.................

This one is being based on Eugene Sledges With the old Breed and Robert Lieckes Helmet for my Pillow So it will center around the 1st Marine Divison from Guadalcanal to Okinawa. So you Diggers and Kiwies will get left out again I'm afraid.

You should see it once in German with English subtitles. I dont speak German but its really powerful when you see a movie, espicially a war movie spoken in the language it was filmed in.

I think thats why I enjoyed "Letters from Iwo jima" so much as it was almost entirely in Japanese.
Because of this movie i'm happy to be german ^^, der Untergang is also ver strong in German...
I totally agree with you- in fact i always watch the movies in version originale, i lived in Belgium for a long time and there were almost all the movies in v.o. with french and flemish subtitles so i got used to it...
Only animated productions can be very enjoyable in your own language because they sometimes give it a unique touch with local celebs. The Rest is better to see in the way it was intended to.

Back