Bambi placed in top 25 horror films

Team Infidel

Forum Spin Doctor
Amazing that the first movies parents took their tots to in the 30s and 40s were the early Disney features. Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Pinocchio, Dumbo all exploited childhood traumas. Parents disappear or die; stepmothers plot the murder of their charges; a boy skips school and turns into a donkey. Kids were so frightened by these films that they wet themselves in terror. Bambi, directed by David Hand, has a primal shock that still haunts oldsters who saw it 40, 50, 65 years ago.
http://www.time.com/time/specials/2007/article/0,28804,1676793_1676808_1676840,00.html

And I thought I was the only one who was traumatized by those stupid movies!!! :crybaby: Glad to know I'm not alone!!!!!!

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Haha! I love it. My aunt is like that (for real). She cried when I told her no one dies in Finding Nemo and at the first scene all but one of the babies and the mom dies. She still talks about that.

did you hear that the flying monkeys on the wizard of oz rated one of the top ten scary scenes of movies? thats what i heard the other day anyway....

Haha, that's funny. When I saw Bambi as a kid I thought "Wow, they sure do make a big fuss over a deer!" Guess those slasher flicks really are desensitizing.

Bambi was a great film.... expect they portrayed me as the villain. It's not my fault that Bambi and his parents taste so good with gravy and mashed potatoes.

Oh, and when people tell me that I'm evil I respond right back at them with this little bit of logic.

Bambi was a 70 minute film. Now it takes second frames per second for standard movie quality animation. That means that over 252000 sheets of paper were used in the creation of the film. Now that is just per frame. We're not talking about how many sheets of paper were used for backgrounds, story boards, scripts, and of course who can forget mistakes that were thrown away.

So kill one deer and I'm evil, but Walt Disney destroys an entire forest and he's a hero. Society sucks in my opinion.

Yeah.... the slasher flicks are more funny then scary. Guy in a hockey masks comes at me all slow with a knife. Please..... 12 Gauge 00Buck to the torso. End the movie right there in twenty seconds. As for the dumb blonds running away with the boobies and such. That's the only reason why i watch them.

Last edited:
Bambi was a great film.... expect they portrayed me as the villain. It's not my fault that Bambi and his parents taste so good with gravy and mashed potatoes.

Oh, and when people tell me that I'm evil I respond right back at them with this little bit of logic.

Bambi was a 70 minute film. Now it takes second frames per second for standard movie quality animation. That means that over 252000 sheets of paper were used in the creation of the film. Now that is just per frame. We're not talking about how many sheets of paper were used for backgrounds, story boards, scripts, and of course who can forget mistakes that were thrown away.

So kill one deer and I'm evil, but Walt Disney destroys an entire forest and he's a hero. Society sucks in my opinion.

Yeah.... the slasher flicks are more funny then scary. Guy in a hockey masks comes at me all slow with a knife. Please..... 12 Gauge 00Buck to the torso. End the movie right there in twenty seconds. As for the dumb blonds running away with the boobies and such. That's the only reason why i watch them.

you should try deer meat with jambalaya.....even better! lol...or deer spagetti jambalaya...yummmm!!! ok im makin myself hungry...lol

laugh1.gif

The Court of the [insert punchline here] is now in session!

One question: did anyone benefit from your dinner other than your immediate family?

Back