Baltic Nations

Snauhi

Ok everybody knows that 9th may Russia will celebrate victory over Nazi Germany, alsmost every president will come to the celebration, but president from Lithania and Estonia will stay at home.. What do you think about this, I thinktha Russia should cut oil and gas away from them.

Presidents from what all countries ?
Why will the Presidents from Lithuania and Estonia won't come ?
Some background info. would help, is there some kind of Cold War going on between those countries and Russia ?
All I know is they were part of the Soviet Union U.S.S.R. and now the CIS.

Snauhi said:
Ok everybody knows that 9th may Russia will celebrate victory over Nazi Germany, alsmost every president will come to the celebration, but president from Lithania and Estonia will stay at home.. What do you think about this, I thinktha Russia should cut oil and gas away from them.

I guess it is because in their minds is more fresh Stalin´s repression than Nazi´s.Remember that soviet troops left Baltic nation in the 90s

Snauhi said:

all small nations that never had their own country do that kind of s**t.

Uh, they had their own country before Stalin swallowed it up. So they don't want to go to the celebration. So what? Why sour relations with them over not wanting to go to a parade? I think there's things of bigger consequence.

Charge_7 said:
Uh, they had their own country before Stalin swallowed it up.

yup, and it lasted for 20 years. I dont think that erecting monuments to nazis, and not going to celebration which comemorates victory over nazis is realy cool.

serbianpower said:
Charge_7 said:

yup, and it lasted for 20 years. I dont think that erecting monuments to nazis, and not going to celebration which comemorates victory over nazis is realy cool.

The post war Soviet occupation implemented repression and genocide against the Latvians. One hundred and twenty thousand Latvian inhabitants were imprisoned or deported to Soviet concentration (GULAG) camps. One hundred and thirty thousand took refuge from the Soviet army by fleeing to the West. On March 25, 1949, 43,000 rural residents were deported to Siberia in a sweeping repressive action. Until the 90s soviet troops stayed there, I understand that they do not like russians very much. Until the 90s soviet troops stayed there, I think they have soviet represion to fresh in their memory for going to Moscow and shake hands with them.

Could it be that the oppression of these countries under Uncle Joe Stalin might have something to do with the decision?

It's their right to go or not to go. Whether Moscow likes it or not.

03USMC said:
Could it be that the oppression of these countries under Uncle Joe Stalin might have something to do with the decision?

It's their right to go or not to go. Whether Moscow likes it or not.

I think that´s the problem,uncle Stalin and his sucesors were not really nice guys

staurofilakes said:
serbianpower said:
Charge_7 said:

The post war Soviet occupation implemented repression and genocide against the Latvians. One hundred and twenty thousand Latvian inhabitants were imprisoned or deported to Soviet concentration (GULAG) camps. One hundred and thirty thousand took refuge from the Soviet army by fleeing to the West. On March 25, 1949, 43,000 rural residents were deported to Siberia in a sweeping repressive action. Until the 90s soviet troops stayed there, I understand that they do not like russians very much. Until the 90s soviet troops stayed there, I think they have soviet represion to fresh in their memory for going to Moscow and shake hands with them.

how many russians were killed by latvians during the ww2? let me just remind you that they were on german side. what happened to them was not suprise. dont get me wrong, I am not saying it was right, but it was not suprise.

serbianpower said:
staurofilakes said:
serbianpower said:
Charge_7 said:

how many russians were killed by latvians during the ww2? let me just remind you that they were on german side. what happened to them was not suprise. dont get me wrong, I am not saying it was right, but it was not suprise.

I do not know how many, but Latvia is a really small country, i do not think many russians were living there by that time,principaly considering that the nazis were ocupaing Latvia and the rusians were their enemies;why should they stay in enemy territory??

Somehow you folks are getting my post wrapped up wrong in your quote box. The only part of it that _I_ said was.

"Uh, they had their own country before Stalin swallowed it up. So they don't want to go to the celebration. So what? Why sour relations with them over not wanting to go to a parade? I think there's things of bigger consequence."

Anything after that is somebody else's words.

Snauhi said:
they were on nazis side, so that means that they deserved what they got.

They diserve what they got? ummmm interesting...I would like you to give me some info about the russian´s genocide in Latvia that you were talking about. The USSR political sistem have been the biggest murderers in the history of humanity, LOTS more than Hitler. Stalin and his friends created the biggest concentration camps sistem (GULAG) where millions of people died. Over 40 million people died in russia in soviet hands. I am readin right now a book called Gulag Archipielago from Alexander Soljnitsin, where he explains how NKVD did all his dirty job. You should read it.
In all the world must be celebrated the finish of USSR, and I wonder if Russian´s goverment would go to the celebrations.

well.. i`m from estonia and here is my short opinion of the whole thing(short because i wrote a two page reply to this subject and it was deleted accidentally)

first.. Snauhi you are young and i suggest you forget absolutely everything you learned in russia about history and never-ever read pravda again because you are going to embarrace yourself even more that you did by starting this thread and by posting these statements

second.. you can`t call everyone who fought in german army a nazi.. it would be the same to call every russian a communist

third.. the monument is for the estonias, who died in ww2 fighting for their freedom in german army, not for nazis

fourth.. Snauhi change your finnish falg to russian because you are ruining the memory of those "true" finnish who died fighting against russia.. YOU are NOT finnish

daedalus said:
well.. i`m from estonia and here is my short opinion of the whole thing(short because i wrote a two page reply to this subject and it was deleted accidentally)

first.. Snauhi you are young and i suggest you forget absolutely everything you learned in russia about history and never-ever read pravda again because you are going to embarrace yourself even more that you did by starting this thread and by posting these statements

second.. you can`t call everyone who fought in german army a nazi.. it would be the same to call every russian a communist

third.. the monument is for the estonias, who died in ww2 fighting for their freedom in german army, not for nazis

fourth.. Snauhi change your finnish falg to russian because you are ruining the memory of those "true" finnish who died fighting against russia.. YOU are NOT finnish

That flag shows what country you live in now... it says country not nationality,2nd ive lived in Russia for like 8 years so i dint learn much of your so called pravda history.Estonians were fighting with the German army had swastikas on them and they were fighting for freedom 1944 when the German army was crashed but from 1941-1943 they were fighting to conquer Soviet Union.I dont read Pravda because its bullshit. i read www.newsru.com and www.rian.ru aswell as www.itar-tass.ru

And its like 4 years between us.. And no not everyone who served in the German army were nazis, but it doesent matter because they fought in Werhmact.

And if you want to know how i got that link i just typed in google Estonia and Russian 9th may celebration..

Back